The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabs

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 04, 2012, 10:16:12 PM
Example last week at the local big store starting with T:

6 finest sausages = £3.46 or on special 2 packets for £5.00.
Below that, packet of 12 of the same sausages for £4.56

:confused1:

What, you didn't expect them to give you all that lovely extra packaging for free did you?

Skyline2uk

lol, no I didn't, but I am still wondering why anybody would buy the two packets of 6. Aside from wanting to give two people a packet each for some reason. Even if you wanted to freeze 6 and use 6, you could just do what I do and take 6 out of the packet and freeze the rest.

Oh well, we live in a cynical world.

Another thing making me  :veryangry: today, Royal Mail.

Having attempted to post a parcel on Sunday, they put the standard red bit of card through my door. However, I went to the depot as instructed and they have lost it.

It was the last present I needed to wrap.

GAH!

Bikeracer

I had a similar experience with a fathers day gift,some money inside a card.Delivery was attempted and between the attempt and the local depot the card somehow got lost.
I vowed if it ever happened again I would report it to the police as a theft.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Malc

I ordered some fresh kippers by post and parcel force tried to deliver but failed to make the morning appointment. I went to the depot and they said they may not be able to find them. I said "You have 10 mins to find them, then I'm off." he asked what it was. When I told him "kippers. If you can't find them now, you will in a few weeks time" They found them.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Jack

Quote from: Malc on December 05, 2012, 09:22:13 PM
I ordered some fresh kippers by post and parcel force tried to deliver but failed to make the morning appointment. I went to the depot and they said they may not be able to find them. I said "You have 10 mins to find them, then I'm off." he asked what it was. When I told him "kippers. If you can't find them now, you will in a few weeks time" They found them.

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: Brilliant!
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

daveg

I'm still waiting for my NGS inspection saloon that they say was posted to me last Thursday - a week ago.

The sad part is that if it's 'lost', I hear that there are no more maroon versions available, so I may not get one at all.

Dave G

daveg

Quote from: daveg on December 06, 2012, 11:15:10 AM
I'm still waiting for my NGS inspection saloon that they say was posted to me last Thursday - a week ago.

The sad part is that if it's 'lost', I hear that there are no more maroon versions available, so I may not get one at all.

Dave G

Phew! Just got here and it's a cracker.

One relieved and happy old geezer!  :claphappy:

Must tell Ray at the NGS shop.

Dave G

guest311

Well, I see it's time for the government's annual take the p**s out of pensioners, received my 'xmas bonus' last week, ten whole pounds !

I remember this being introduced, IIRC in the 70s or 80s, and my father-in-law saying that ten quid didn't get much, even then.

It's still the same now, no increase since it was first introduced.

I wish a few of the taxes etc, like fuel tax, we pay hadn't increased since the 70s/80s.

guess I'll have to blow it all and buy a wagon, though I'll probably have to put something to it  :veryangry:

moogle

Quote from: class37025 on December 08, 2012, 08:51:59 AM
Well, I see it's time for the government's annual take the p**s out of pensioners, received my 'xmas bonus' last week, ten whole pounds !

I remember this being introduced, IIRC in the 70s or 80s, and my father-in-law saying that ten quid didn't get much, even then.

I wish a few of the taxes etc, like fuel tax, we pay hadn't increased since the 70s/80s.

guess I'll have to blow it all and buy a wagon, though I'll probably have to put something to it  :veryangry:

Well unless they raise the retirement age to 80 or something stupid, I have a good 25 years to go and I bet it's still a tenner then!
Just think how much it would be if it had kept in line with inflation.  :unimpressed:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

davidjhope

Quote from: daveg on December 06, 2012, 11:32:55 AM

Dave G

Dave G
I'm still waiting for mine.
How long does it normally take for the ngs to post?

daveg

Quote from: davidjhope on December 08, 2012, 03:10:25 PM
Quote from: daveg on December 06, 2012, 11:32:55 AM

Dave G

Dave G
I'm still waiting for mine.
How long does it normally take for the ngs to post?

Mine took a full 7 days to get from Clacton the Sevenoaks. Hope yours arrives soon.

Dave G

guest311

Quote from: moogle on December 08, 2012, 10:07:12 AM
Quote from: class37025 on December 08, 2012, 08:51:59 AM

Well unless they raise the retirement age to 80 or something stupid, I have a good 25 years to go and I bet it's still a tenner then!
Just think how much it would be if it had kept in line with inflation.  :unimpressed:

maybe up as much as a cl37, or 47  :claphappy:

kaiwhara

I start work in an hour and twenty minutes - theres no frigging water in our street!  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Just as well its only me to stink out in the cab, but even so...
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Jack

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 10, 2012, 09:28:50 PM
I start work in an hour and twenty minutes - theres no frigging water in our street!  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Just as well its only me to stink out in the cab, but even so...

What no mug of tea before work!! I think I'd be hopping mad too. 
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

kaiwhara

Quote from: Jack9465 on December 10, 2012, 09:44:20 PM

What no mug of tea before work!! I think I'd be hopping mad too.

Luckily I had water in the Jug so i was able to have a cuppa, just can't have a shower!!!

Oh how embarrasing  >:(
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%