Graham Farish Class 40 With Sound

Started by RonDB, December 21, 2017, 04:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonDB

Hattons just cancelled my order for the class 40 with sound due to short supply from Farish, I understand they are not the only retailer to be in the same postion.

Ron

davidinyork

Quote from: RonDB on December 21, 2017, 04:04:21 PM
Hattons just cancelled my order for the class 40 with sound due to short supply from Farish, I understand they are not the only retailer to be in the same postion.

Ron

I notice it seems to have completely disappeared off the Hattons website as well. Rails were showing it in stock earlier today.

Shropshire Lad

Ian Allen rang me yesterday to say one had arrived for me. Not sure if they have any more in stock.

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

JBQFC

Hatton's cancelled mine to not a happy chap rails and kernow out of stock
got one from Cheltenham model shop in the end but cost me quit a bit more

scottmitchell74

Grr!!

So I've had this on preorder forever, and Hattons just says, "Sorry, too bad." And that's it for me? What now?
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

davidinyork

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on December 21, 2017, 11:14:43 PM
Grr!!

So I've had this on preorder forever, and Hattons just says, "Sorry, too bad." And that's it for me? What now?

Try Peter's Spares?

scottmitchell74

Thanks! Shipping to the US is 28+ Pounds!

scottmitchell74

Thanks!

Your help spurred me to be proactive, and I found Antics had some, as well, so I have one ordered.

PaulCheffus

Grr!!

Hi

Just one the reasons I don't preorder with Hattons anymore.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

dannyboy

Model Railways Direct are showing this loco at £178.46p, with 18 in stock, (presumably plus postage).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

JBQFC

Quote from: PaulCheffus on December 22, 2017, 09:28:25 AM
Grr!!

Hi

Just one the reasons I don't preorder with Hattons anymore.

Cheers

Paul

i have had about 50 pre orders with Hatton's and this is the First time this has happened to me

RonDB

In a way its a good thing ,Hattons couldn't supply made me have a re-think do I run everything I have now.
The other half said I am sure someone in this age makes something that would make sounds for everything rather that one loco.
So in the new year might have a look at the Brimal CP800 bit more expensive that the Class 40  but may be a compromise
Although you don't seem to see many comments about and it the past I have used Kaidaer speakers under the baseboard with recorded sounds.
So sounds like some thinking time over chirstmas.

Ron

davidinyork

I got one from the local model shop (Monk Bar Models in York) this morning. They still had at least one more left if anyone is still looking

RailGooner

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations