So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmac

Quote from: railsquid on April 06, 2020, 06:53:04 AM
Pro tip: don't drive over there and ask for a guided tour...

To be honest, a cruise has never appealed to me at the best of times, the spectre of mass norovirus is offputting enough, but the prospect of being trapped on one of these infected cruise ships haunting the seas because no-one will let them dock is another dimension altogether.

Meanwhile in Japan, a State of Emergency is impending, which due to the lack of legal teeth basically means things will go from the current "please stay at home and avoid going out unless necessary" to "y'all really need to please please stay at home and avoid going out unless necessary, we really mean it:dunce:

a criuise holiday is my idea of hell.  the last thing i would want is to be trapped in a tin can with hundreds of others. 
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Dorsetmike

Just got back from a Tesco run, surprised at how little traffic in and around central Bournemouth, twicew at a normally congested set of lights I was the only one. Also managed to go through a couple of roundabouts without stopping and on a course much nearer a straight line than usual, saves wear and tear on tyres!

No problems at Tesco, quite organised, got most of what I wanted, scored a 24 pack of 3 ply bog rolls, but no full cream UHT milk nor custard so got some strawberry nesquik to enhance the UHT and a bottle of advocaat to likewise enhance the custard. Got 3 of most other things that will keep so bill was about twice normal weekly shop.

One little old lady was whingeing why can't this that and the other. Hardly anybody in masks and not many in gloves either, I managed to get a 300 pack of plastic disposable gloves from Amazon so had no problem with handling stuff.

As well as holding incoming customers until one left they also controlled access to checkouts on a one out one in basis, staff with headphones holding customers in the last aisle until notified of a check out being vacated.

Plenty of car park spaces too,
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Lawrence

Well I managed to get into work to finish off the 'Polish' system to find that the wiring info he gave me was still wrong, after about 45mins I managed to work out the right way to do it but they had made a right buggers muddle of the data logger set up so after getting all the pressure sensors wired, it appeared to still be wrong so I then had to reprogram the data logger.
Finally got it finished, locked up and headed home via Tesco, huge queues outside today. I asked the lass if I had to queue just to go to the kiosk for my pipe baccy and she let me in this was after we had a shoot out with our respective anti bacterial sprays  ;D ;D
Home now doing remote support and told the boss I'm not planning on going in for a few weeks now.

Newportnobby

My experience this morning was very much as per Dorsetmike's and I managed to get a halfway decent shop done for Mum and myself. Some plonkers obviously didn't get the bit about direction of travel in the aisles and were oblivious to tannoy announcements about it.
Some retarded woman came the wrong way up an aisle and reached past my shoulder to get some ham, and then pretended she didn't hear me say "That's supposed to be 2 metres in your world, is it?"
She definitely heard me call her an arsehole, though :D

Trainfish

The wife and I went to the Tesco Express down the road on our way back from our daily walk. No queue outside but the young girl on the door said we couldn't go in together as we are a couple. Am I missing something here? If it was really busy I could understand keeping the numbers down but at no point while I waited was there more than 1 person waiting outside. Even when the limit on numbers hadn't been reached she said I couldn't go in. Manager's instructions apparently.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daffy

If they set a rule I think it only fair that they adhere to it strictly so as not to cause conflict and uncertainty. After all, if the store got busier before you exited, anyone waiting outside who saw a couple come out would be none too happy to have to follow the rule.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

crewearpley40

Braved it today. At last the store manager walking the store. Grabbed everything I needed but came to pay and 1 woman shouting queue in aisle 11. The toiletries. What does some snotty censored word woman do ? Try the spray. I pointed at a basket for 6 items. 7 people with stockpiled trolleys. Store manager thankfully took two of us to self serve pay by card. Appreciated chap. 1 checkout trolley loads. Why cannot we have 2 queues and better direction if only have 1 basket I don't need a trolley. Manager thanked security guard helpful but the eugit supposed to be cleaning handles not good at communications. 5 to 6 out of 10

Mr Sprue

Whilst we are all in isolation finding things to do and no doubt in our moments of boredom browsing the web for just anything out of the norm or remotely interesting. Has anyone come across the 5G conspiracy theory yet?

Someone sent me a link on facebook to watch a video by Kate Shemarini recorded 1st of April. What this woman says in her video is a bit extreme but given the current circumstances who know's what to believe anymore. She is definitely on a mission to prove her point and as made a few other videos on her views.

Its a bit like you know the Daleks are coming to invade the earth but you don't know when!

Trainfish

Quote from: daffy on April 06, 2020, 08:32:19 PM
If they set a rule I think it only fair that they adhere to it strictly so as not to cause conflict and uncertainty. After all, if the store got busier before you exited, anyone waiting outside who saw a couple come out would be none too happy to have to follow the rule.

I agree with what you mean to an extent but this is a small store on a housing estate which never gets busy. I won't lose sleep over it but just wish that common sense could be used sometimes. After all it's open to abuse. We could queue as single people for example but I'm too honest for that.

Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 06, 2020, 09:33:03 PM
.......... the 5G conspiracy theory .................. video by Kate Shemarini recorded 1st of April.

Yes, I've seen that but I put both parts together and dismissed it. Maybe wrongly but I did. Does my iPhone 6s work on 5G?  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daffy

Yes, I've seen articles about this for a week or so. As with all crises, disasters and the like, the nuts come out to play.

IMHO.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Young Bulla

So how exactly does this 5g conspiracy work for the inhabitants of Iran?

chrism

Quote from: daffy on April 06, 2020, 09:46:52 PM
Yes, I've seen articles about this for a week or so. As with all crises, disasters and the like, the nuts come out to play.

They'll be panic buying tin foil soon  :D

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Young Bulla on April 07, 2020, 02:48:11 AM
So how exactly does this 5g conspiracy work for the inhabitants of Iran?

That's a question that entered my mind with all the other 3rd world countries, however their numbers of infections & fatalities are really low compared to ours and US etc.

I came across these two websites : https://www.speedtest.net/ookla-5g-map  https://www.worldtimezone.com/5g.html

It may be just pure coincidence that the "World Time Zone" 5G coverage map does bare an uncanny resemblance to this world outbreak map!

dannyboy

This group are not yet following the distance rules, but a very good video -

https://drivetribe.com/p/do-re-mi-covid-19-version-KDw6VeecT1y_Oq1a1Q4YLw?iid=aXAtDZEvQwyyNBPAxLz49w

and it leads to others in the same vein.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations