Maggies Cancer Care

Started by Lawrence, February 15, 2011, 10:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Well that was some weekend, we arrived friday night, got about 4or 5 hours sleep, up at 5 for a 6.30 start and got home at just after 4am today.

Kirstie and her friend Claire, both had "incidents" on the 30 mile cycle, they headed off on the walk but due to their injuries had to stop at the 10 mile (bronze) mark to prevent seriously damaging themselves. But 40 miles in that heat and on very hard terrain was a great effort.

There was a fair bit of criticism of the cycle route even from experienced mountain bikers who had to even had to dismount at a number of points as it was so steep and a lot of loose rock, some of the track was running parallel to some scary sheer drops as well, not for the feint hearted  :o

Sadly one of out team who made it to the Gold finish (73 miles) had to be taken to hospital in Inverness and another was released after a couple of hours on a drip.

I am extremely proud of my wee girl not only for what she achieved but also for taking the brave decision to stop which left her very upset but with a relatively minor injury, which should heal quickly with some rest.

Thanks to all of you who have made a donation and for your words of support, I may return with a similar plea next year, but that is down to her.

ddolfelin

Well done Kirsty and Clare.  :thumbsup:
In a little world of my own.
http://dddioramas.webs.com/

Lawrence

As dd has given this a wee bump, I thought I would mention that the team have smashed their original total of £6400 and have now raised just over £9100, thank you for all your support  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations