Christmas and New Year

Started by Bob Tidbury, December 18, 2023, 05:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRuss

I wish all of you merry christmas and a happy new year.

And as usual, a christmas update on my modelrailway activity.

Markus

dannyboy

Thank you to Tank and all the Moderators for giving us all such an interesting and informative forum and, more importantly, thank you to all the contributors who bring interesting tips, knowledge and, sometimes, a bit of humour (!).  :thumbsup:

A Very Merry Christmas to one and all from Louisa and myself.  :beers:

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

OffshoreAlan

Here's wishing a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all staff, subscribers, contributors, donors, and anyone I've inadvertently missed out.   

keithbythe sea

Bob G

Merry Christmas Everyone

I can't get the cat to behave, but that's not new!!!

:beers:  Bob

Brian-1c

Brian

nickk

Merry Xmas All  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And thanks to all of you who have helped and inspired me to get started in N scale. 2024 will see my firsy layout build in 50 years and my first ever in N  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Have a great day and I hope Santa has brought you all kinds of goodies :)

Papyrus

I feel a bit mean writing this, but I need to get it off my chest to somebody, and the NGF collective has been duly selected...

A couple of weeks before Christmas, I was told by a member of the family that they had got me a small present, but wanted ideas for something in addition. I never know what to ask for so I suggested that Gaugemaster gift vouchers would always be acceptable. I spent the time up to Christmas deciding what I might buy with them, but on the day nothing was forthcoming except for the afore-mentioned small gift.

Now, in some ways, I don't mind. I think the whole idea of Christmas presents has got out of hand generally; it certainly has in our family. If it was my birthday, say, I would have been perfectly happy with what I had been given. But when everyone else received presents with a total monetary value well into three figures and I didn't, I feel a bit short-changed. If they had said they had decided to give the money to the Salvation Army instead, I would have been OK with that too. In the interests of family harmony (and because I was brought up to be grateful for what I was given), I haven't said anything... but I have decided to buy myself a Christmas present instead!

Cheers,

Chris

Bob G

I always find presents that I buy myself are better than the ones I get given.

Would you like a rubber cooking spoon holder in the shape of a red crab? Of course not. Its cheap TEMU rubbish!

Or another bottle opener/corkscrew, this time in the shape of a parrot.

What I really wanted was a champagne saving stopper (to stop me drinking it all).

Only you know what you really want.

Bob

Papyrus

Quote from: Papyrus on December 28, 2023, 02:31:42 PMI feel a bit mean writing this, but I need to get it off my chest to somebody, and the NGF collective has been duly selected...

A couple of weeks before Christmas, I was told by a member of the family that they had got me a small present, but wanted ideas for something in addition. I never know what to ask for so I suggested that Gaugemaster gift vouchers would always be acceptable. I spent the time up to Christmas deciding what I might buy with them, but on the day nothing was forthcoming except for the afore-mentioned small gift.

Now, in some ways, I don't mind. I think the whole idea of Christmas presents has got out of hand generally; it certainly has in our family. If it was my birthday, say, I would have been perfectly happy with what I had been given. But when everyone else received presents with a total monetary value well into three figures and I didn't, I feel a bit short-changed. If they had said they had decided to give the money to the Salvation Army instead, I would have been OK with that too. In the interests of family harmony (and because I was brought up to be grateful for what I was given), I haven't said anything... but I have decided to buy myself a Christmas present instead!

Cheers,

Chris

Ignore the above!! Just received a message to say a missing present has been found...inside the box containing someone else's present. I thought it was a bit odd. Peace and harmony is restored to the extended family Papyrus.  :)

Cheers,

Chris

PS. But I might still buy myself a (smaller) Christmas present.

Tank

I'm a little late.

I'm sorry that I didn't add any Christmas graphics this year, or even put up a message.  Sadly my 17 year old niece passed away a few days before Christmas, with the funeral being last Friday.  Feeling a little more with it, hence catching up on posts.

I appreciate your messages thanking myself and the team.  I would like to return that by saying THANK YOU to those of you on here that make posts, put up photographs, video's, terrible jokes, maybe the odd good joke...!   ;D  Also to the team members who volunteer at all hours to keep the forum running.

Apart from the 23rd December, the updated forum has been running extremely well.  It was a lot of work, and funds.  I'm still overwhelmed by so many of you giving whatever you could to push that along.  Thank you.  I know that there is still work to do, and I'm stuck with waiting for the developers to get their act together in updating the modifications that we once had, and pushing for a better photo facility.  I know some struggle with it.

Happy New Year to you all!
Chris/Tank.
 :NGaugersRule:

dannyboy

So sorry to hear about your niece Chris - sad when such a young person passes away, whatever the time of year.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

Quote from: dannyboy on January 02, 2024, 03:36:05 PMSo sorry to hear about your niece Chris - sad when such a young person passes away, whatever the time of year.
our thoughts are with you Tank aka Chris and the family

Bob Tidbury

Yes my thoughts are with you and the family ,my brother in law passed away last year and it was very strange over Christmas as he always stayed with us ever since his wife died from cancer .

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations