BH Enterprises - sad news

Started by nharding99, October 03, 2023, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nharding99

(Posted in accordance with Brian's wishes and permission)

pape_timmo

Deepest condolences to you and your family.
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

crewearpley40

Our thoughts,prayers and condolences to Andrew, Brian and the family.

Will be missed. 

Newportnobby

Very sad news. My thoughts go out to all the family and friends.

emjaybee

Aw man. Sad news indeed. I know Ray hadn't been well for a while, but it's still a sad day. I didn't know him particularly well, but he was always a very pleasant chap to deal with, always very helpful and happy to have a chat.

Condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Graham

Always sad when one of the stalwart's of the industry pass. RIP.

Bob G

I remember the first time I ever came across Ray and BH Enterprises. It was at a model railway exhibition in Abingdon in 1994. I bought tons of stuff. DMU kits, EMU kits, class 73 kit, class 59 kit. It was like finding an Aladdin's cave, and BHE was like that for as long as I can remember.

Rest well Ray. The glue on your models has set fine.

Bob 

Nbodger

Sad news indeed, It must be some 25 years since I last dealt with Ray, always friendly, helpful and enthusiastic, he will be sadly missed by the modelling community.

RIP

RailGooner

Very sad news. A great loss.

RIP Ray

Stuart Down Under

Quote from: Bob G on October 03, 2023, 10:59:13 PMI remember the first time I ever came across Ray and BH Enterprises. It was at a model railway exhibition in Abingdon in 1994. I bought tons of stuff. DMU kits, EMU kits, class 73 kit, class 59 kit. It was like finding an Aladdin's cave, and BHE was like that for as long as I can remember.

Exactly the same for me - I also found Ray's trade stand back in the early 90s, and his cornucopia of N gauge "bits" gave me the confidence to continue in N. I haven't seen him since we left UK in 2016, but there are still a couple of kits in the "to do" box which came with me.

There are a fair few pioneer n-gaugers up there already, so they should have a great layout ready for us when we arrive. I will raise a glass to you, Ray.

Bob Tidbury

I will really miss Ray we went to so many shows around the country and we visited lots of railway related places over the 35+ years that I helped on the trade stand ,and I remember all the kit packing I did over in his back room especially counting out thousands of buffers into bags of 4 and sticking the price sticker on ,one night after one of those days I went to sleep counting buffers instead of sheep .
R I P  Ray
I am sure you will be met in heaven by some of the other well known railway men and women .
Bob Tidbury
Thank you to Nigel for posting Brian and Andrews message on here ,I was asked to but  still havent worked out how you do it .

Roy L S

I think most of us will have frequently perused BHE's stand at shows over more years than we would care to admit, and many of us will still have unmade BHE kits amongst our "stash" of the many useful items one would find there. Ray and BHE's contribution to the success and indeed at one point maybe even survival British N Gauge was significant and should not be underestimated.

He will be sadly missed by many,  my heartfelt condolences to Andy, Brian and family.

Roy

Tonye

Sad news indeed, I last saw Ray at TINGS 2023 .

Rest in peace.

Tony.
Tony .H

AdrianC

Such sad news. Prayers and condolenses to the family.
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

JBQFC

this is sad news Ray was always very helpful when i talked to him on the sales stand I have quite a few of his kits on my layout will be missed

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations