So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

a few more people out in the fields today, many without dogs, but hairy beast was able to have a run, though the days score was a disappointing [for him]

husky 0 - mice 2
husky 0 - pigeons 1

it's a good thing he has a human to feed him or he'd starve  :smiley-laughing:

chrism

Quote from: class37025 on March 27, 2020, 12:35:38 PM
a few more people out in the fields today, many without dogs, but hairy beast was able to have a run, though the days score was a disappointing [for him]
husky 0 - mice 2
husky 0 - pigeons 1
it's a good thing he has a human to feed him or he'd starve  :smiley-laughing:

Or he'd learn to be a better hunter  :D

Intercity

We have had 4 positive cases at work now, none in engine service though, the latest advice for us is keep up with social-distancing (don't know how when we have to interact with people one on one and the door isn't 6ft wide), wash hands as much as possible for at least 60secs each time, and they want to start taking our temps when we report for duty (it's a laser device thankfully 😬)

If you want a quick chuckle look on twitter for user Batho Boer, he demonstrates worki from home as a train conductor!!! (I was able to find it by googling twitter train conductor works from home), sorry I don't know how to link straight to it.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 27, 2020, 01:52:18 PM
I hope you're picking up dog #1's #2 :laugh:

Fortunately dog #1 rarely deposits #2 upon acres wild, preferring the privacy of her own back garden.  Just as well, as I'm not sure if we're allowed within 2 meters of them at the moment ;)

mr bachmann

latest in self isolation , so sorry Boris  :D - get well soon .

mr bachmann & the girls

Skyline2uk

Working from home: 1.5 weeks done.

Got to say impressed with employers IT, had little or no problems and accessing all my programs / files etc.

Other colleagues have complained about access but I suspect their own home connections.

Just returned from weekly supply run and pleasantly surprised local Tesco getting its act together compared to last week. Stock levels recovering, even seeing the mythical bog roll...

Skyline2uk

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 27, 2020, 02:31:46 PM
The Navy are now in self isolation...........

sorry those ships are not 2 metres apart, though I do note no crew on the exposed decks  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

At least Royalty are being (sort of) sensible............

port perran

This is the life.

Draught beer delivered to my door.

Ok.....so not the greatest photo. The flowers aren't in the glass - honest.
And that was before I'd drunk any!

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Must be quite viscous to stay in the glass at that angle, Martin :D
I like the carrykeg, though.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 27, 2020, 02:31:46 PM
The Navy are now in self isolation...........

Apparently Uber drivers as well!  :)

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 27, 2020, 05:08:13 PM
Must be quite viscous to stay in the glass at that angle, Martin :D
I like the carrykeg, though.

Nah, like most other things in Cornwall, gravity's a bit odd down there  :D

Train Waiting

Quote from: port perran on March 27, 2020, 05:03:11 PM
This is the life.
Draught beer delivered to my door.

Civilisation!  Sadly, I'm reconciled to being too far up country to qualify for a delivery.

Still, I have a few bottles of Marston's 'Pedigree'; £1.13 at Morrisions which the hordes missed in their quest for fizzy cooking lager and lavatory paper!

Cheers!

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations