Trying to identify this Grafar loco - 2-6-4T 42065

Started by chipperuk, March 09, 2023, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipperuk

Hoping that someone can assist in identifying this Grafar loco (Grafar Britain is the manufacturer name underneath rather than Graham Farish). I model more modern era and so was looking to identify this one that came with a layout purchased recently for onwards sale but the usual internet search hasn't found another one to be able to compare. Thanks for any assistance :)

Nbodger

White Metal Kit built Fairburn Tank on a Poole manufactured Farish chassis, not sure which chassis or kit manufacturer.

Dancess

It's an early Peco kit originally made to fit an Arnold chassis.
S&D lives on - sort of!

chipperuk

Quote from: Nbodger on March 09, 2023, 04:06:33 PM
White Metal Kit built Fairburn Tank on a Poole manufactured Farish chassis, not sure which chassis or kit manufacturer.

Thanks - that would explain why I couldn't find it on the list of regular Farish locos. Seems to my eye to be a good quality build (well, certainly much much better than I would ever be able to construct  :D )

chrism

Quote from: Nbodger on March 09, 2023, 04:06:33 PM

It's on a Farish Black 5 chassis, commonly used for kits, although the builder has certainly used a different wheelset for the front pony truck.

N Gauge Bob

I am very confused. I have three of these on my layout with this front bogey wheel, and the only difference between this and the standard Farish 2-6-4T is the addition of steps.
Cheers. N Gauge Bob
Remember this:
Amateurs..............built the Ark!
Professionals........built the Titanic!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations