Train Trax T-Trak module question

Started by Yet_Another, August 24, 2023, 05:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Can anyone tell me what the two (apparent) bolt-holes on each end of the module are for?

They appear to be the same diameter as the two on the back for the sky board.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Steven B

They're so you can fit home-made end-plates to protect the track whilst travelling, or to allow you to use larger end-plates to "box" two modules up (again for save travelling).

They're the same size as the skyboard bold holes so only one size of bolt is needed.

Steven B

Yet_Another

Ah, ok. I couldn't work out why you'd want to put a board on the side, but transport makes sense.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

eddief83

Quote from: Steven B on August 25, 2023, 08:38:56 AMThey're so you can fit home-made end-plates to protect the track whilst travelling, or to allow you to use larger end-plates to "box" two modules up (again for save travelling).

Steven B

This is exactly what I have done as I have 2 boards. I made a piece of plywood for each end and added some spaces to move it beyond the track. I also added a piece behind the backscene so I didn't have to drill that out. It only adds around 2 minutes to packing up on club night but it's worth it

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations