Is it possible to Farish make new Rebuilt Merchant Navy?

Started by Le Night ferry, August 09, 2023, 03:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Night ferry

Farish had make rebuilt MN class during Poole era. Unrebuilt version was revisited, but there's no news for rebuilt version.
We can upgrade old Farish'a diecast shell.
http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~njouki/NewFiles/35028.html
(Japanese modeller modified Clan Line-seems like he milled hand rail and replaced it with wire)
Or purchase Langley's kit(well, is it worth it?).
Do you think farish will release new rebulit MN?
And also hope that Dapol's Rebuilt BoB
isn't take long

Newportnobby

Quote from: Le Night ferry on August 09, 2023, 03:20:50 PMFarish had make rebuilt MN class during Poole era. Unrebuilt version was revisited, but there's no news for rebuilt version.

isn't take long

The old Poole loco can be hugely improved just by fitting NBrass front bogies.
As for the Dapol spam can, I've only been waiting 11 years so far :D

silly moo

I think the Poole Farish rebuilt Merchant Navy body is far better than the Langley kit.

I too am waiting for Dapol to produce any new Southern steam locos, knowing my luck, by the time they do I won't be able to afford them.

Le Night ferry

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 09, 2023, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: Le Night ferry on August 09, 2023, 03:20:50 PMFarish had make rebuilt MN class during Poole era. Unrebuilt version was revisited, but there's no news for rebuilt version.

isn't take long

Surprised old farish's loco is not so bad
Should I replace its plastic gear to brass?

Le Night ferry

Quote from: silly moo on August 09, 2023, 04:27:37 PMI think the Poole Farish rebuilt Merchant Navy body is far better than the Langley kit.

I too am waiting for Dapol to produce any new Southern steam locos, knowing my luck, by the time they do I won't be able to afford them.

Please, dapol!
Always think what if Hornby makes n gauge

Le Night ferry

Well, I'm curious about if someone had make accurate n gauge Rebuilt BOB-
3d print, brass, modify farish's shell, etc...

Chris Morris

As I recall the unrebuilt Farish MN ended up being heavily discounted in order to shift them. That may make them nervous about making a new tooled rebuilt model.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

ODRAILS

Quote from: Le Night ferry on August 10, 2023, 05:29:38 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on August 09, 2023, 03:58:31 PM

isn't take long

Surprised old farish's loco is not so bad
Should I replace its plastic gear to brass?

The best Farish Modified/Rebuilt Merchant Navy locos were the Chinese manufactured models made after 2001 i.e.
372-300 35018 British India Line  BR ealy
372-301 35028 Clan Lne            BR late
372-302 35005 Canadian Pacific    BR blue preservd era livery
370-225 35022 Holland America Line BR Late (ex-Atalntic Coast Express set)
All these had darkened wheels with finer flanges and a much better finish than the Poole made locos.
The loco is very accurate in overall dimensions - see my review in this forum (search for Farish/Bachmann Modified Merchant Navy Class Locos – A Review)
As others have said - the biggest improvement you can make on these locos is the N-Brass bogie kit.
I have two "navies" converted to DCC with digihats and decoder in the tender. They are great locos, nice and heavy with their die cast bodies - reminiscent of old Hornby Dublo build.

As for Dapol - their Bulleid Light Pacifics were announced in autumn 2010 which means we've waited nearly 13 years - the air smoothed models are supposedly arriving late 2023 at £190 minimum. No sign of the Modified/rebuilt ones. So if you like the rebuilt type of Bullied pacific - get one of the Farish ones I mentioned earlier, they're usually around for under £100
Ian

Newportnobby

Not a Merchant Navy and not a rebuilt one but other than that, here's a perfect example of how the old Farish model can be improved markedly...................

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?msg=803475

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations