Farish Walrus

Started by Safety Engineer, August 06, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Safety Engineer

Farish are producing two models of the Walrus ballast hopper wagon. Question is this just a repaint of the standard Sealion ballast wagon or are they incorporating the differences, the two rather prominent vacuum cylinders on the end platform for starters. I also think the Walrus had only two operating ballast wheels. There are probably other differences as well the platform steps spring to mind.
Apologies if this has been raised before but it's something I'd like to be sure of prior to parting with my hard earned cash and ordering two.
Martin

Steven B

The photos on Rails' website show vac' cylinders at one end and air-brake cylinders at the other - looks like a black-liveried version of the dual braked Seacow with modified hand-rails.

The Walrus was vac' braked only - you may be able to cut off the airbrake parts and reposition a vac' brake cylinder. I think there was one at each end on the Walrus.

There are plenty of pictures on Paul Bartlett's site of Warus with three chute control wheels at each end (left side, right side and middle).

Steven B

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations