Bachmann/EFE Autumn 2023 releases

Started by Steven B, August 02, 2023, 12:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aire Valley

I actually found the items on this announcement to be pretty underwhelming but appreciate many will be happy with it.

The number of releases this quarter/year has been a promising and positive step in the right direction by Bachmann to support the N gauge market.

I hope that the next announcement has some of:

Additional class 47 liveries + a sound fitted option
Downsized EFE Rail class 144 in N gauge
Retooled depressed centre PCA
Retooled HEA
Retooled PGA/PAA
Additional TEA liveries including lagged end variant.
Class 69 update from 2021 announcement (coinciding with a new tooled class 56 would be nice)

Tim

njee20

Quote from: devonjames on August 02, 2023, 02:42:59 PM
Quote from: jpendle on August 02, 2023, 01:46:52 PMOh come on lads, and ladettes, prices increase, let's just get over it.

There are price increases and a huge price jumps and this definitely falls into the latter category.  For example, I've got a Dapol 142 dmu (2 car) on pre-order (due later this year) for £137.50.  I could buy two 142 sets for less than the £284.95 that Farish want for one 158 2 car dmu. Ouch! I guess we will "get over it" eventually but it is a bitter pill to take. 

No it doesn't. The price of Dapol models is wholly irrelevant when discussing Farish prices... The 158 has been roughly that price since announced 3(?) years ago.

Back on topic... Bit frustrated by the 90s. Re-running 5 liveries, whilst simultaneously not offering any of the 20+ liveries they've not done feels mad! DB/EWS would've seemed like an absolute slam dunk. The train packs seem a bit weird, presumably they're trying to beat the Cavalex PGA which I believe RoS are meant to be bringing to market. They'll saturate the market accidentally by flogging train packs to people that are more interested in a construction sector 60.

Chris Morris

That's another good announcement from Bachmann for us N gaugers. I hope all the models sell well. The maroon Thompson coaches would work well in the South West. This may seem far from home but apparently in the summers of late 1950s most of the coaches on the storage roads at Goodrington were either ex LNER or ex LMS. They were used on the holiday trains to the Midlands and the North.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

RapierPower

Quote from: njee20 on August 02, 2023, 10:20:49 PM
Quote from: devonjames on August 02, 2023, 02:42:59 PMBack on topic... Bit frustrated by the 90s. Re-running 5 liveries, whilst simultaneously not offering any of the 20+ liveries they've not done feels mad! DB/EWS would've seemed like an absolute slam dunk. The train packs seem a bit weird, presumably they're trying to beat the Cavalex PGA which I believe RoS are meant to be bringing to market. They'll saturate the market accidentally by flogging train packs to people that are more interested in a construction sector 60.

Maybe the 90s are not 're-runs' but were made at the same time as the first releases. It would explain a lot.

trkilliman

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 02, 2023, 01:19:11 PM@Nbodger Thompson maroons :thumbsup:
£41.60 each at Rails :thumbsdown:
I need 5 inc 2 x brakes :hmmm:

Personally I'd be loath to pay the current Farish prices for carriages.

Around 5 years back I foresaw the £50 ish Farish carriage arriving.

Also around this time was the sell off of NGS shop stock. This saw me buy 5 pairs of LMS Porthole stock at 75% discount towards the sale end. I have never looked back.
I cut my teeth on these and have improved with each successive carriage...and I have made a lot now.

The beauty of the brass etches is you can carefully strip the carriage down, and rebuild/paint up to your current build and paint standard. This will happen with my 5 original carriage builds.

joe cassidy

What donor coach did you use with the etches ?

jpendle

Quote from: njee20 on August 02, 2023, 10:20:49 PMBit frustrated by the 90s. Re-running 5 liveries, whilst simultaneously not offering any of the 20+ liveries they've not done feels mad! DB/EWS would've seemed like an absolute slam dunk.

Says the man who complains there are too many one off liveries on the CL66's  :D

I'm rather pleased that they've done "more of the same".
I just wish I hadn't bought 2 Orange 90's last Christmas  :doh:

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Hiawatha

90129 90130 90128 Basford Hall
by British Rail 1980s and 1990s, on Flickr

The three 90s in faux SNCB, SNCF and DB liveries would be fun! :D A shame Farish don't make them.
Peter

Graham

Quote from: jpendle on August 03, 2023, 07:16:58 PM
Quote from: njee20 on August 02, 2023, 10:20:49 PMBit frustrated by the 90s. Re-running 5 liveries, whilst simultaneously not offering any of the 20+ liveries they've not done feels mad! DB/EWS would've seemed like an absolute slam dunk.

Says the man who complains there are too many one off liveries on the CL66's  :D

Regards,

John P
So glad the budget only allowed one at Christmas, allowed me to get the new one now. (sorry John)

njee20

Quote from: jpendle on August 03, 2023, 07:16:58 PM

Regards,

John P

I'm not asking for one of liveries,, quite the opposite. FL green, EWS, DB, First Scotrail, IC Executive, grey Freightliner, any of the Anglia variants were all worn by multiples of the class, and (perhaps excepting the Anglia ones) would all seem like decent choices.

I can only assume it was easier to get a slot when the artwork was already done.

martyn

A few piccies from the Bachmann stand at Shoeburyness show. I understand everything announced is on the way or made and awaiting shipping.

The Black 5 are re-liveries of the tender drive version.

The Redland hoppers are the original chassis version.

I didn't ask about anything specific on the new electric locos and units, so here's just the piccies.

Stand by your wallets.

Martyn

davidinyork

Quote from: njee20 on August 03, 2023, 08:33:44 PMI'm not asking for one of liveries,, quite the opposite. FL green, EWS, DB, First Scotrail, IC Executive, grey Freightliner, any of the Anglia variants were all worn by multiples of the class, and (perhaps excepting the Anglia ones) would all seem like decent choices.

Defintely disagree about the Anglia ones - if one of more of those were done that would be a strong incentive for Dapol to do the matching Mk3s and DVT.

Brian-1c

Quote from: davidinyork on August 07, 2023, 01:54:03 PM
Quote from: njee20 on August 03, 2023, 08:33:44 PMI'm not asking for one of liveries,, quite the opposite. FL green, EWS, DB, First Scotrail, IC Executive, grey Freightliner, any of the Anglia variants were all worn by multiples of the class, and (perhaps excepting the Anglia ones) would all seem like decent choices.

Defintely disagree about the Anglia ones - if one of more of those were done that would be a strong incentive for Dapol to do the matching Mk3s and DVT.

Provided that the gearing in the 90 is suitable for express locos.
Brian

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations