New Farish Nuclear Flask Carrier...suitable loco / train...advice please?

Started by Skyline2uk, June 01, 2012, 05:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

scruff

The new Farish 20's are BR green, BR blue with headcode box and BR blue with Discs and weathered.

The HEA wagons converted to runners were recoded on TOPS to RNA.

HTH

Mark

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

B757-236GT

Thy stopped using runner wagons after 1998? They certainly havent used them since 2002. From 1988 on of the FHAC CD class 31s is the allocated pool. I dont have a combine to hand. From 1994/95 things began changing when anything could turn up on it. Ive seen 56004 on the bridgewater flasks in 1996. Then DRS arrived and the 20s reappeared then a mix of 37s 47s 57s and 66s have worked it. A pair of 20s 303/304 worked the berkley-crewe flasks today. First time weve had a pair in years.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

OwL

Im hoping that Farish do a class 37/6 in DRS too and announce It this year!
It would certainly boost their Nuke Flask sales. Most model shops i have been into have many of these models on the shelves still!

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

BernardTPM

I am out of Peco 15' w.b. chassis (NR-122) which is used under a number of kits, including the Runner unfortunately.

BernardTPM

Runners have varied over the years. Those in the picture are 4-wheel container wagons PFA, either the Standard wagon or Procor type at a guess.  C-Rail do a kit for one of the PFA designs. At another time some converted OBAs (with sides removed and brackets on the floor) were used.

B757-236GT

I cant say ive ever seen those used on the train ive seen. I wonder if they are more sellafield based because certainly the Bridgewater/Berkley trains havent used barriers since the old RNAs went out of use. Of course im happy to be proved wrong.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Fratton

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on February 23, 2013, 09:39:33 PM

The trains pass the bottom of my garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_sufc/7558336404/#

If thats the view from your garden you are a lucky man sir,,,, i have a huge tree and another house at the bottom of mine,,,, great pic
Charlie.

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

RussellH

Repairs - not everything has to be sent away - you can fix most thing's yourself. Ask and help will be provided.

Waiting for the RTR version? - why not try a kit?

My layout, Bridgebury Gate now has its own website...
www.bridgeburygate.com

and the 3DR shop where you'll also find the NGF MPV, assorted cabs etc...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dr_designs_for_n_gauge

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on February 24, 2013, 11:22:12 AM

If thats the view from your garden you are a lucky man sir,,,, i have a huge tree and another house at the bottom of mine,,,, great pic
[/quote]

Sadly not the bottom of my garden. That is the Oykel or Shin Viaduct. My garden is a hundred plus miles farther south.

[/quote]

Wow that is some telephoto lens !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Skyline2uk

Hello again,

I am slowly getting back into working on the layout, but thinking I should try something different to keep the interest up. To that end (and in keeping with this thread), I have been looking at suitable HEAs in the various shops online and then I went to the TPM website....

Mr B, I see the 615 RNA Nuclear runner wagon's are still shown as out of stock, is this a shortage of the chassis still? Any idea when you would get some more in? Oh, and as there etched brass details, how would you recommend securing these (sorry, newbie question!).

Skyline2uk 

BernardTPM

Yes, the lack of the Peco chassis is the problem. At the moment I don't know when I'll be getting some more.
For fitting the etched details I'd recommend a small amount of 5-minute epoxy, reinforced with liquid cyano (superglue) that can run into any gaps still unglued to provide a good, firm fitting - the 5-minute enables accurate positioning which is tricky with the instant gluing action cyano can have.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations