How does one lose a whole wagon ?

Started by MalcolmInN, April 20, 2015, 01:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

This evening whilst testing the high speed output of the BackmannFarish Set controller I had a crash involving 3 Peco NR44 wagons.
well you know all those tales of springs leaping out never to be found again etc&etc
tonight I have failed to find one of those three wagons !
Which says someting about either my eyesight or the state of my cave !

I'm going to bed before owt else befalls !
( I mean, incompetance or wot ! }

railsquid

Did you check under your pillow? Or maybe some mice are using it as a go-cart?

Simple solution: order a replacement, it will turn up the moment the replacement arrives.

Bealman

That is true... but not having a Peco catalogue handy, what's a NR44?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: railsquid on April 20, 2015, 02:07:39 AM

Simple solution: order a replacement, it will turn up the moment the replacement arrives.
Ah yes, I had forgotten that variation of the MurphySod law as presently being detrimined at the Late Hadrron Collider, as we speak :) !

Bob Tidbury

One thing is sure you will find it in the last place you look.
Bob

railsquid

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on April 20, 2015, 09:01:13 AM
One thing is sure you will find it in the last place you look.
Also sure is that the trick of looking first in the last place you think you would look, summons some quantum mechanical demons who transpose the lost item between those two places. Looking second in the first place you would look before you looked in the last place you would look first does not work.

Komata

George

While I cannot locate an NR44 in the current Peco catalogue, I did find a Knr44, which is described as a 10ft-long  'Butterley steel type open wagon'. I suspect that it is the same wagon-type that Malcolm has lost (sorry 'misplaced').

BTW, you may not realise it, but you no longer need to be 'Peco catalogue-deprived'.  The Peco Catalogue ((all scles BTW) is available online, and accessed by the simple expedient of doing a 'Google' key-word search search for PecoModels.  It will bring you to the Peco web home page and (if you click-on the word Peco at the top of the list on the top left hand side), give you access to  the Peco 'N scale catalogue'.

Hope this helps. 
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

MalcolmInN

Oh, this is very strange,
I cant find the NR44FA, FB and FC either !
The pages from which I ordered at Cheltenham Models have vanished,
yet I have in front of me* the shipping bill which clearly shows those three wagons !
Best I can do is link this page at Kernow for one of them !
http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/35168/NR44FA_Peco_Butterley_Steel_Coal_Wagon_number_B170121

I think Railsquid is right, it is QM
pray that all three were not quantum entangled, else when I destroy the other two the whole universe will cease to exist, , ,

wot is going on, I wish I had stayed in bed !
* "I have in my hand" Chamberlain c. WW2 !

MalcolmInN

Quote from: MalcolmAL on April 20, 2015, 09:53:11 AMwill cease to exist, , ,
edit
"may cease to exist"
Heisenberg's ghost just prodded me uncertainly in the ribs

MalcolmInN

If I post a picture of the bill,
or of the three packages and their numbers,
will my wave function collapse and I may cease to exist ?

schrodinger rules and does not rule
what an eigenstate to get into.

PS I can see no difference whatsoever in the two remaining wagons !

Komata

Malcom

Re:'I can see no difference whatsoever in the two remaining wagons !'

It must have 'snuck in' when you weren't looking (the 'no difference whatsoever') and made itself at home. Perhaps if you removed it, the missing third might reappear?

(Just saying)

I know, hat, coat, door (while trying to avoid men wearing white coats); life is soooo difficult...
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Komata on April 20, 2015, 08:09:51 PM
(while trying to avoid men wearing white coats);
:laughabovepost:
I did fear for my sanity and expected them to come to take me away any min. when I could find no trace of the wagons on the interweb,
but I am pleased to be able to report that Gaugemaster still list them !
Yep, I did not imagine it, they are supposed to carry three different numbers but I have been sent two of the same (but the packaging was different) ! Not that I am bothered, not with the state of my eyesight ! I would have ordered three of the same model if that had been all that was on offer :)

Found this nice ditty about them
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gansg/4-rstock/04arstock5.htm
down about 1/4page to "British Railways Sixteen Ton Mineral Wagons"
looks like they are three of the early type without drop flaps above the doors (duh, wotsa drop flap one wonders )
Butterly the steel company did well to last all that time, till 2009 !

paulprice

The Domestic Overlord, keeps saying that I have lost my marbles, but little do they know, I'm not stupid I keep them under the bed

Bealman

I used to do that but I'd end up on me backside when I got up in the night to go to the toilet  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MalcolmInN

Heheee, nice one :)
Coincidence you say that :-
One of my other hobbies is keeping foul fowl, from wee quail up to large breeds. It was, once upon a time, common practice to put marbles in the drinking troughs to stop weenywee chicks from drowning (they can be a bit stupid like that).
Small pebbles will also do, but I remarked last year "where would one get marbles these days, remember all those facinating colours, do kids still ? No I thort not , , " , , , etc, ramble, etc.
Bear with me, I'll get to the ontopic bit in a min !

Today I was in my local 99p emporium where, last year, they had electronic fly-zappers (static for the use of), harumpf, none there now when I need them :(
Lo! A bag of marbles on the shelf, astonished I was !
Quite respectably large for 99p I thort. But just plain glass, cant have everything I suppose,

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations