Dapol rerun Mk3s

Started by Intercity, March 01, 2024, 05:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intercity

I wasn't sure where to ask this as its more a question for the guys at Dapol, hopefully Adam is still here.

I know there is a rerun of the Mk3 sleepers planned, will the body shells be available for purchase/available as a separate part for those of us that purchased the originals? much like Revolution did with the Strathclyde 320 and Dapol did previously with the 156 printing errors.

I would be in for quite a few if they become available (Glazing, bogies, pick ups and interior not required, possibly roof too depending where the cantrail stripe gets printed), trying to avoid buying another 17 if I can "upgrade" the current ones.

IC

geoffc

I would like to see the day coaches for the Night Riviera produced, They have the tooling already, in the form of loco hauled chassis and the coach bodies in FGW Dynamic and GWR Green, albeit not 100% true to prototype but for a limited run I would be prepared to accept that rather than have nothing.
The other choice would be to use the Farish coaches but would there be a colour discrepancy?

Geoff

Steven B

Farish are selling the FGW Night Riviera as three twin packs in green - one seated coach and sleeper per pack.

No close coupling, no interiors but the colours will match!

Steven B

geoffc

Quote from: Steven B on March 02, 2024, 04:38:44 PMFarish are selling the FGW Night Riviera as three twin packs in green - one seated coach and sleeper per pack.

No close coupling, no interiors but the colours will match!

Steven B
Unfortunately they come in twin packs of one day coach and one sleeper at £60 per pack. I already have the Dapol sleepers so this is not an option as I will have paid £90 for three sleepers I don't need.

Geoff

Steven B

You could always sell the Dapol sleepers you already have. It could be a long wait until Dapol do the seating coaches....

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations