mk1 coach buffers

Started by bluedepot, February 15, 2024, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

hi

does anyone have two spare oval buffers for the new farish mk1s?

bachmann spares and brlines don't have any. 

or if not can anyone recommend any buffers that are the right size and fit in the existing hole?

I don't really want to start messing around with drilling out the hole and gluing in brass buffers etc. as seems a bit over the top but i guess may be only real choice.

cheers

tim

Bob G

Buffers are as rare as hens teeth. I've asked Nick Tilson for some for my 4-COR project, before he retires in 10 days time, but I'm still waiting for the answer.

Bob

Bob Tidbury

B H Enterprises have brass buffers but they wont give an instant reply to Emails as Both boys have Full time jobs and Families to look after and Martin can only get down to help at weekends so if you place an order please be patient.

Newportnobby

Farish N Spares have some oval loco buffers (Hymek and Class 37) but I've no clue if they'd fit straight into the existing hole in a MK1

https://www.farishnspares.co.uk/index.php?_a=category&search%5Bkeywords%5D=MK1+buffers

Kris

The 2mm association do them in shop 4. The shop is currently closed whilst a new shop keeper takes over.

https://www.2mm.org.uk/products/shops.php?shop_num=4 4-062.
You do need to be a member to purchase them however.

I do not know if they will fit the Farish model without modification.

bluedepot

thanks everyone!

it's one of those things that no one would ever notice... but now I know they are missing it bothers me!  even though they have rubbing plates and buckeye couplings, so not even that relevant!

it's a shame bachmann don't have spares as tiny buffers are the kind of thing people are going to lose sometimes.

I'll probably email bh enterprises then as not a member of 2mm society

hymek buffers are a bit too big but not that far off really as it's all tiny in n gauge.

cheers for the replies

tim

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations