New run of the Dapol 9F announced

Started by N_GaugeModeller, May 18, 2021, 01:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hailstone

Quote from: PLD on May 22, 2021, 07:48:05 AM
Quote from: Hailstone on May 22, 2021, 06:25:41 AMI think that Dapol should have retooled this one as well as the M7, an opportunity missed as far as I am concerned.
Two thoughts:

1. if they have money to invest in tooling, would you rather it goes on something new or re-tooling an existing model?
2. who's to say this run isn't getting the last drops out of the existing tooling before starting on a new version...

My answer to both points is simple, they will eventually tool the Bullied pacific, although they are more focused on O gauge at the moment, as for the reruns they will effectively put back any retooling several years if at all.

Regards,

Alex

Newportnobby

@Hailstone
Go and stand in the naughty corner and write out 200 times
"It is not Bullied but Bulleid"
:telloff: :P

Hailstone

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 22, 2021, 09:50:47 PM
@Hailstone
Go and stand in the naughty corner and write out 200 times
"It is not Bullied but Bulleid"
:telloff: :P

Yes headmaster  :D

Regards,

Alex

class8mikado

Now, i have one of these, and it runs (or ran) sweet as a nut. Have managed to score a groove in the centre wheel and put an traction tyres which was tricky and not completely successful but nothing a little bit of glue wouldnt solve and then i had a catastrophic accident in which the loco-tender wires came away from the loco... why on earth arent these detacheable ( on one end at least) like they are on every other Dapol tender loco.... Is this the same on the new run ?

Bigmac

Quote from: class8mikado on February 13, 2024, 10:31:53 AMNow, i have one of these, and it runs (or ran) sweet as a nut. Have managed to score a groove in the centre wheel and put an traction tyres which was tricky and not completely successful but nothing a little bit of glue wouldnt solve and then i had a catastrophic accident in which the loco-tender wires came away from the loco... why on earth arent these detacheable ( on one end at least) like they are on every other Dapol tender loco.... Is this the same on the new run ?

same happened to my 1st gen version--wires came off under the cab sides.  I soldered them back on.

i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

class8mikado

Yes that needs to happen but have opted to ask dcc to repair as i my soldering experience is non existent, going forward wondering if a 9f tender body will clip onto a britannia tender chassis
 as i think i could manage joining a few of those eyeletted conector wires...

Bigmac

Quote from: class8mikado on February 13, 2024, 02:11:14 PMYes that needs to happen but have opted to ask dcc to repair as i my soldering experience is non existent, going forward wondering if a 9f tender body will clip onto a britannia tender chassis
 as i think i could manage joining a few of those eyeletted conector wires...

in my experience those eyeletted wires are the problem--very easy to break when attempting to fit them--if you can even see the tiny screws involved.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations