If you could only buy 1 what would it be ??

Started by sparky, June 12, 2014, 04:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky

If you had your last bit of available cash and were limited to just one more N gauge purchase what would it be ???... I think mine would be a Dapol Blue/Grey HST "set"... sort of 1 anyway

Michael Shillabeer

I'd buy Graham Farish from Bachmann!

It would be a single purchase, honest...

Best regards
Michael

Roy L S

Quote from: sparky on June 12, 2014, 04:20:51 PM
If you had your last bit of available cash and were limited to just one more N gauge purchase what would it be ???... I think mine would be a Dapol Blue/Grey HST "set"... sort of 1 anyway

BachFarish Ivatt BR Black.

Superb model in every respect and a versatile prototype. if you wanted to run a branch line and could use only one loco that would fit the bill perfectly.

Roy

Sipat

Dapol 156. Multiple unit of choice for me. would enable all manner of little layouts to be built

Nick

Blue Pullman.

Would I be allowed extra cash for a layout to run it on? :)

Nick
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Mike W

Pengi

It would be the same as my first N gauge purchase - a Kato Eurostar. Athough I'd like it to be chipped for DCC and have coach alights
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

d-a-n

If availabiliy wasn't an issue, it's a very hard choice! I think regardless, the model would be from CJM and weathered to their beautiful standards. The Blue/Grey HST is a very good shout, or perhaps a BR Blue Western, a Blue or a Railfreight Grey 56, Green Deltic with small yellow panels, a Fairburn Tank, a Railfreight grey 58, a weathered blue 20, a class 411, the list goes on (and on).
I'm also excited about all the stuff which has been announced from Daol and GF (and not yet released!) Blue 33, a class 50, a Schools, a new tooling blue 25, a Merchant Navy. I honestly can't choose  :D
I'm guessing we're not allowed to commission one off builds - if that were the case, I'd be wanting an APT-E...

sparky

D-A-N   make a single choice what is it going to be !!!!!

Dorsetmike

Seeing as 'ow the modern lot are ordering complete trains (Blue Pullman etc) can I have the Dapol Schools with a rake of at least 6 Maunsells - if/when they ever get released!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

petercharlesfagg

For me it would be a Green 9F from Minitrix.

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

d-a-n

Quote from: sparky on June 12, 2014, 06:09:23 PM
D-A-N   make a single choice what is it going to be !!!!!

As I said, it's too hard  :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Ok. Kato orange TGV if it has to be an existing thing!

PooleSider

I'd like Union Mills to make GWR locomotives.
Poole Siding near Wellington, Somerset; not the one on the Dorset coast.

jonclox

I think it would have to be a
  ESU ECoS Next generation DCC High Colour 50200  system
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Les1952

Much as I like the Ivatt 2MT, the NE Region got rid of theirs as too small and weak quite early-  so I can't really justify a third one.....

I'll go for a Q6, though I might have to wait a lot of years for someone to get round to doing one.

Am I allowed to buy other things while I'm waiting?

Les

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations