Hattons honouring Farish pre-order prices until this Saturday

Started by Karhedron, May 14, 2014, 09:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karhedron

Hello,

Hattons have announced that they will honour pre-order prices for forthcoming Farish (and Bachmann) products. I.E. anyone who has a pre-order will get their model(s) at the price they ordered at, regardless of any price increases between then and the time of release. This means if you know what you are after, you have a chance to avoid the 20% price-hike if you are willing to pre-order.

Also, they will not be increasing their pre-order prices until Saturday. This means that if we pre-order before the end of the week, we can still get forthcoming items at the prices they were announced at in 2013. On Saturday, the pre-order prices will go up in line with Bachmann's announced 20% increase (although this is an average across the range rather than a fixed figure for each product).

I have some items on pre-order already but I have decided to bite the bullet and pre-order a 6400 and a pair of autocoaches before the price increase kicks in. I know that several people have wondered what the big box shifters will do about pre-orders. Now we know and we have a couple of days grace to get some (comparitive) bargains.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

FRED LEWIS

Hello all just put in my pre-order for 10 polybulk wagons saved £100  :thankyousign:
                                                                Fred

1936ace

I did the same 😃
A 31 ,25, a duchess train pack, a train load of staniers in maroon, 1 of every br blue mk1's and some wagons
So happy.  Just hope they don't come all at once especially since I now have to pay extra tax and work longer to pay for Geoff and colin😛
Bart

FRED LEWIS

Hello Fred here again   :wave: Think i will order some blue mk1s too :beers:

1936ace

Sipat

Me too... Just preordered a pair of 37's. Did resist the urge to order the Voyager trainset (£118 for 4 car set, track and controller, or £140 on its own!!!)

FRED LEWIS

Just ordered them bart, plus blue deltic and blue 31 ,br class 4 tank engine. :NGaugersRule:

1936ace

well done fred, i have the dp1 and would really like a 55 but im likeing the smaller class of locos at the moment mainly because you run smaller trains but of course i have the big ones too for the express etc. would be keen to see how much room there is in a 55 for sound

hattons in my opinion areb doing well by us to honour their pre order prices and also for giving us all the heads up on the price increase date. in the past hattons have looked after me re price with pre orders the ivatt 2mt a good example i paid 48pounds on release it was i think 72pounds now its around the 80's

bart

FRED LEWIS

I agree with you bart.Hattons are the tops with me to.As to sound in the deltic it will have to wait till next year blowen my budget for this year with all the pre-orders my barclaycard jest flew out the window and hid up a tree.
                                                                                                                     Fred

Karhedron

Quote from: 1936ace on May 14, 2014, 11:28:03 AM
in the past hattons have looked after me re price with pre orders the ivatt 2mt a good example i paid 48pounds on release it was i think 72pounds now its around the 80's
Ivatts are £110 RRP according to the new Farish list. No idea what the new Hattons price will be after the increase.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Brooksy

Thanks for the tip off!  :thumbsup: Just pre-ordered a voyager and a 37/4 in large logo.

Tempted by a couple of others too but don't have the funds to go crazy.  :'(

Karhedron

Quote from: 1936ace on May 14, 2014, 10:52:29 AM
Just hope they don't come all at once
I know what you mean, a nice gentle spread over 6 months would cushion the blow a bit (especially when you add in the Dapol pre-orders too  :-[ ).

FRED LEWIS

Talking of Dapol, rails have weathered Western Invader in stock today . :drool:
                                                                                       Fred

sparky

Just ordered a blue 31,blue 25,motorail guvs,metals 37 and dapol blue grey hst,blue 33\0 and a blue 50.....hope they come in bit by bit as it doesn't feel like a saving!

Newportnobby

I've just mailed Rails to see if they will honour the prices on pre-orders I placed in March last year totalling some £750, so thanks for the heads up and I'll report back on receipt of a reply :worried:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations