Peco NR-6B Insulfish van, white - realistic, or generic?

Started by Dr Al, March 13, 2014, 11:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Yeah... as noted by several members above, the Peco fish van is mounted on a generic chassis which is used on several of the firm's models - the Ford pallet van and bolster wagon being two examples.

Before the lengthy hiatus on my B&CE layout, I actually began amassing quite a number of the Peco fish vans with the intention of simulating the night time fish trains of the 50s and 60s, which were sometimes hauled by A4 Pacifics! Strung together as a train the Peco wagons don't look too bad.... almost impressive.

But, as it says in the review of the Peco wagon on page 51 of Britain's Model Trains 2014,

"Dapol fish van is better"
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Wingman mothergoose

Dr Al

Quote from: Wingman mothergoose on April 07, 2014, 09:40:40 AM
Dapol fish vans it is then! ;-)

Chris

You'll need to hunt for them - I exhausted Model Rail Direct and some of Hattons supplies in getting my train together! Rails of Sheffield had none either, or they'd have got some custom too! Seem to be out of stock at a lot of suppliers I looked in.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

davieb

You could try contacting Trident Trains

http://www.tridenttrains.co.uk/

He had a few in stock when I was last there a couple of weeks ago  :hmmm:

dave  :thumbsup:

Wingman mothergoose

I'm in no rush! I've got a shed load of other stuff to do before I'm allowed to think about buying more wagons, some major trackwork and wiring alterations, sorting out my two newest locos, finishing my loco shed etc etc etc!

tutenkhamunsleeping

The Dapol vans frequently come back into stock at Hattons, so just keep your eyes open.

Here's one from yesterday:
http://www.ehattons.com/59067/Dapol_2F_019_002_Blue_spot_fish_van_87706/StockDetail.aspx

Agrippa

Osborns show them on their website, but no indication if in stock . Dapol also show them, however
they are at full price  (£9.40) and again no indication of stock level.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

1936ace

So how many fish vans usually ran together to make up a train load
Bart

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations