Possibly useful for NN3 narrow gauge, or just general insanity

Started by EtchedPixels, May 29, 2012, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Will be interesting ,similar to Tomix and Kato with built in trackbed.
Do not know what will go round that radius loco wise.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

BernardTPM

EtchedPixels

Quote from: BernardTPM on May 29, 2012, 02:25:48 PM
Toppings for Pizza layouts?  ;D

Combined with the existing radii I think you can probably get a 3 track line on a 9" pizza !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 29, 2012, 02:53:04 PM
Quote from: BernardTPM on May 29, 2012, 02:25:48 PM
Toppings for Pizza layouts?  ;D

Combined with the existing radii I think you can probably get a 3 track line on a 9" pizza !

More toppings than Pizza Hut then ;D

zwilnik

Quote from: Oldman on May 29, 2012, 11:29:14 AM
Will be interesting ,similar to Tomix and Kato with built in trackbed.
Do not know what will go round that radius loco wise.

I don't know of any 0-4-0 Z gauge engines, but feasibly if you took one of the 0-6-0 tanks and  either filed the centre (or front) wheels flat or removed them it would probably go around. It might even handle that curve without modification too.

Oldman

0-6-0 tanks need both outer axles because that is where the power wipers
are fitted.
Sounds like an experimemt might be needed. Have to try a bit of flexi track using
a CD as former just to see if my existing stock of chassis will negotiate that first
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

EtchedPixels

I believe the 8800 is flexible enough to do well under 45mm. Someone had a demo of one running around a large coin and one rail

Oldman

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 29, 2012, 07:20:46 PM
I believe the 8800 is flexible enough to do well under 45mm. Someone had a demo of one running around a large coin and one rail

Have one of those sitting on the side waiting for a N gauge body. :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations