N Gauge Crane, P'Way 60's style

Started by kingmoor12A, September 10, 2012, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmoor12A

I'm looking for a suitable crane for my layout similar to the following

(Taken at Whitrope Summit - The Waverley)

I know its more than likely going to have to be a kit one....

So does anyone know where I can get one from

Many thanks in advance

glenng

I think it's about time Dapol or Graham Farish and the like made some cranes, as I am looking as well.

zwilnik

I've seen a metal kit for a similar crane but with a tracked base showing up on eBay from time to time, so guessing Langley or Gem etc do one. Feasibly you could fit one of those to a rail chassis of some sort.

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Zwilnik on September 10, 2012, 08:07:34 PM
I've seen a metal kit for a similar crane but with a tracked base showing up on eBay from time to time, so guessing Langley or Gem etc do one. Feasibly you could fit one of those to a rail chassis of some sort.

Hi

I believe Fleetline used to produce one and it was sold by the NGS shop. It was all white metal so very heavy.

I too would like one either a resin kit or RTR.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

EtchedPixels

A lot of folks would. I'm hoping thats the unannounced new model from the NGS 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

dodger

There were many types of Pway cranes working in the 1960's both steam and diesel. Suggest you look on the On Track Plant website as they may have some photos. Steam cranes were numbered 80xxx and diesel cranes 81xxx.

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

UshCha

New to this and starting.  However do you have, or can you get drawings of such a crane?   It may be possible to do a 3D printed model from drawings of the original.  The only limitation would be that any structure cannot be much smaller than 1mm dia due to printer limitations.   Some loco bodies are being printed and they are reasonable.

keithfre

Have you looked at the Fleetline NW39, Cowan Sheldon 15 ton, medium steam crane?

weave

Hi,

This is probably not what you are after and might not be available anyway so sorry if wasting your time but 'treneswagner.com/', who do spanish and portuguese stuff also do german WWII stuff too.

Bear with me. If you go to the sight and then go to 'wehrmacht', then I think the tenth photo stream down and then on the right called 'mantenimiento.jpg' could be ok. Obviously 1940s. Have never bought from them but do want one of his spanish diesels as they don't make most of them.

Hope helps. Once again, sorry if waste of time.

You could always get a 'leopold' gun..... frightening! (and thats just getting through tunnels!)

Cheers Weave

PaulCheffus

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 10, 2012, 10:08:08 PM
A lot of folks would. I'm hoping thats the unannounced new model from the NGS 8)

Hi

That would be nice but probably expensive.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

weave

Hi again,

Meant to say its prob not quite what you're after but could be modified. Thought I'd post asap as only 20 hours left!

Can't remember why I remembered someone wanted a crane and forgot to buy milk for SWiMBO's tea!  :)

I'm blaming everything on alcohol.

Cheers again  :beers: Weave

Shaun Harvey

I've given Bob lots of drawings for Cowans Sheldon cranes which I aquired trhrough another member in the hope he might look at them for a future project. I've been building the Fleetline model and some pics are on the George Street thread. It is whitemetal and plastic with a few etched parts like side ladders and some chain. It is very heavy and a bit crude but it should be OK when done - prob as a static model only.

I really hope Bob can pull it off.

Shaun

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations