Farish 8F no longer delayed (24 11 20)

Started by N_GaugeModeller, August 06, 2020, 09:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Al

Interesting what people see. The boiler and face has it for me on the old one. Looking at the side on view the daylight under the boiler is notable also, and the chimney shape is significantly improved.

Are you still looking for a re-number/re-crest job on yours @Newportnobby ?

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dr Al on November 25, 2020, 10:08:37 PM

Are you still looking for a re-number/re-crest job on yours @Newportnobby ?

@Dr Al PM sent Alan.

joe cassidy

Thank you very much Alan for the photos/comments.

Just one question - is the tender of rivetted or welded construction ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Joe

Dr Al

Quote from: joe cassidy on November 26, 2020, 11:32:54 AM

Welded.

Cheers,
Alan

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Hailstone

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 25, 2020, 09:46:29 PM
For some reason the worst part of the old model for me was the overtly missing piece of girderwork (I don't know the correct name for it) shown in an arrow on a blatant copy of Alans Pic @Dr Al

I really am champing at the bit to get mine now

It is usually referred to as a motion bracket

HTH

Alex

emjaybee

Quote from: Hailstone on November 26, 2020, 12:34:36 PM
For some reason the worst part of the old model for me was the overtly missing piece of girderwork (I don't know the correct name for it) shown in an arrow on a blatant copy of Alans Pic @Dr Al

HTH

Alex

Well, that was a bit of an anticlimax. I was hoping it'd be called something more exotic.

I dunno, summat like a 'pendicular linear restrainer'.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: emjaybee on November 26, 2020, 12:57:45 PM
Quote from: Hailstone on November 26, 2020, 12:34:36 PM

HTH

Alex

Well, that was a bit of an anticlimax. I was hoping it'd be called something more exotic.

I dunno, summat like a 'pendicular linear restrainer'.

That's the hook the driver hangs his lunch  :D

PLD

Quote from: joe cassidy on November 26, 2020, 11:32:54 AM
Injection moulded Plastic  ;)

All this first batch I believe represent welded tenders, though I'd be surprised if they don't do riveted in later batches (they've done both with Jubilees and Black 5s...)

Landshrew

The LNER (3506) and Early BR (48608) examples have welded tenders and straight reversing rods, whereas the LMS (8035) and Late BR (48773) examples have riveted tenders and curved reverser rods.

Now all I need to do is get the curved reversing rod off one and swap it onto my inbound 48608 in order to later re-create the earlier Crewe built 48115...

Gyppy101

Received my 8F today from RoS.   Did the running in and now fitted DCC Next18 decoder.  Thi is a great loco.  Very responsive and looks the part.  it's been well worth the wait!

Roy L S

Still waiting for mine, according to Track and Trace it is currently in the South Yorkshire sorting centre. The better news is I received a Zimo MX658N18 from You-Choos yesterday with his 8F sound file loaded. I have so far resisted the temptation of trying it out in my C Class...

Roy

marco neri

Hi,
I hope Grafar will release the italian version of 8f...the GR737....here arrived during 1944-1945...near the end of II WW through Egypt!....and remaining in service until 1950.
In the pic below, an operation of ferry-boat loading in Port Said ( Egypt) ...destination to Italy.

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Bigmac

Quote from: Roy L S on November 28, 2020, 06:45:07 PM
Still waiting for mine, according to Track and Trace it is currently in the South Yorkshire sorting centre. The better news is I received a Zimo MX658N18 from You-Choos yesterday with his 8F sound file loaded. I have so far resisted the temptation of trying it out in my C Class...

Roy

Track and trace...lol
I had posted..using parcelfarce..a dud laptop being returned to amazon dunfermline for agreed refund.  Sent from the isle of wight on the 4th november using 24 hours tracked.  This was well packed and a printed amazon return label stuck and sealed to it.
It was last tracked at coventry depot on the 6th..and thats as far as it got.
After many phone calls and emails..i gave up..and reported it all to amazon. They asked me to copy and send my proof of posting
2 days later my full refund ..plus the £15 postage..was in my bank account.

Full marks to Amazon..excellent customer service.
Parcelfarce..nil point.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Dr Al

For those interested in haulage, I have tested one of mine and achieved 63 16 ton coal wagons before evidence of slipping started on slightly unlevel areas - the model still made it all the way round.

I've also fitted all the detail parts (apart from the front plough and cylinder caps) - there's enough clearance for the front steps to go on also.

Cheers,
Alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations