KR Models Fell 10100

Started by Stuart Down Under, November 28, 2019, 09:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I would love to see a model of that locomotive.

Good luck!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Roy L S

Quirky, short lived, only one made. Doesn't sound like a good recipe for success to me, could there really be takers for 1000 of these models in N?

Not one for me.

Roy

acko22

Hi all,

I will be honest and say that neither the GT3 or the Fell are of any interest to myself, but that's not to say I am against more prototypes been offered in N gauge in fact the opposite!
But I think the GT3 was and the Fell is doomed to failure sadly regardless of the amount of advertising, if you compare these prototypes against the DP1 which has been produced then you can see the mountain that the Fell has to climb some of which I think is insurmountable:

1) DP1 still exists so is in the mind of modellers who aren't railway buffs
2) The DP1 shares high commonality with the production variants (from a modelling production point of view its a different body shell), this mitigates the cost and risk!
3) The entire Deltic family of locomotives has a cult following which makes it extremely desirable

These factors alone show how much of a struggle both the GT3 and not the Fell face and I do believe there just isn't the market (I say market because there may be lots of interest, but not people who want to purchase one).

To add into this the crowd funding nature and the GT3 isn't the first one to fail to generate the market.
The class 21/29 was offered as a crowdfunded model and sits in the same era with the bonuses of a longer service period, been a batch built rather than single example. Despite these advantages over the GT3 and Fell it failed to generate enough of a market to make it a viable project in N gauge.

So taking all this into mind I honestly don't think the market is there in N gauge as it may be in OO. But that's not to say there aren't prototype or soul survivor examples out there that will be viable to get produced in N gauge 
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

crewearpley40

Sadly would not buy as 1951 to 58 when fell ran is out of myt time did dp1 / 2 when withdrawn become thed donor / idea for class 50 bogies andd donate its spares ?    A 4 8 4 wheel arrangement would make it interesting to model

martyn

There are two photos of the Fell on the Peak Forest line on this page;

http://www.davidheyscollection.com/page52.htm

One is about 1/4 the way down, the other somewhat further.

I found another broadside photo recently, but can't now find it..........but its within the David Hey's pages somewhere.......

Martyn

crewearpley40

Davidheyscollection.com page 14 pioneer mainline diesels
Decent shot of 10100 there

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations