go on then, tell us, what did you buy at the n gauge show?

Started by bluedepot, September 10, 2011, 09:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

tell us, post pics, and let us know how you intend to pay for these purchases....

tim

cookiescrumble

I picked up a Farish class 57 im freightliner livery and the Farish class 37 in Dutch Livery for £80. Apart from that my Credit Card stayed tucked away

bluedepot

ahhhh i want a dutch class 37, you got one for £40 right???

anyway...

i did get a class 58 (58 023, railfreight) and that was £50 which was a good deal

i also got a Mk1 FK, a GUV, a TEA, and an HEA... also got wires, paints, a decoder etc. etc...

i guess i should've saved up more money to blow, especially on the much reduced stock at the dapol and farish stands... there's always next year...

tim

cookiescrumble

4x2

Right then....

From left to right....

Farish BDA in EWS £16
Farish Seacow in EWS £19
NGS ready built Queen mary brake van in EWS £3
Farish Warship in Blue £40
Fleischmann BR103 in DB £30
Bachmann 2-6-6-2 H4 in W&LE Black £40
Peco code 55 r/h curve point £8

In total - MASSIVE BARGAINS !!!  ;D ;D ;D  Paid in cash as my bank manager will testify... :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

4x2

Luck of the draw really ! That farish stand was complete chaos.... at one point i asked a nice gentleman to pass me a handfull of boxes so i could have a look, they couldn't take the money fast enough ! What made me laugh was when one guy asked to pay by card and at least a dozen people groaned  (me included !) :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

OwL

I pre ordered a class 60 from CJM for £450. I feel really sick now :thumbsdown:

On the bright side I get the 'Rolls Royce' of British N to my spec in little more than 5 weeks :thumbsup:

Good things in life dont come cheap! (just dont tell my wife :smiley-laughing:)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Newportnobby

Quote from: owl729 on September 10, 2011, 10:19:38 PM

On the bright side I get the 'Rolls Royce' of British N to my spec in little more than 5 weeks :thumbsup:

Oh Boy - when your good lady finds out - there may be trouble ahead (cue Nat King Cole :music:)

4x2

ker ching !!! I saw their stand, some awesome stuff there - the class 89 caught my eye  :Class89:, but far too expensive...

I did order a Dapol 52 in desert sand livery from osbounes though, at £106 i still feel a bit sick, just hope it's worth it !

Mike

The Cuckoo

Which one?

OwL

Quote from: newportnobby on September 10, 2011, 10:23:34 PM

Oh Boy - when your good lady finds out - there may be trouble ahead (cue Nat King Cole :music:)

I must look really guilty because she has vetted my megre £30 purchase and deemed it acceptable spend BUT she keeps giving me the look of 'knowing i have done something daft with money'.............

oh well come Oct she will never remember, and I get a CJM class 60 :evil:

REFaust

mm ok..

Farish Class 37 , in BR Blue (new DCC version) £40
Dapol Class 58, in Coal Sector £40
Dapol Brit Robin Hood £80
Dapol Class 156 Dummy Pair, in Regional £15

Farish Freightliner Bogie Wagon £9
Extra Containers for above £3 a pack x 2

Detailing parts for my Farish 4P (dome, chimney) from N Brass Locos £3

I had the Railfreight 58023 too but swapped it for the Coal Sector version as I have 58012 already. May well be the one bluedepot picked up later as I only saw one and was there on the dot.

R E Faust

Newportnobby

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on September 10, 2011, 10:26:35 PM

I did order a Dapol 52 in desert sand livery from osbounes though, at £106 i still feel a bit sick, just hope it's worth it !

From your pic, you got an eclectic collection (or should that be electric ???) I'm too tired - left home at 6 am and the M6 home was sh**e, to say nothing of some pillock in a Freelander who tried to get into my boot. Everyone brakes apart from him, you hear the screech of tires, look in your rear view mirror and see him fishtailing towards you. I assumed the crash position i.e tucked my jeans into my socks so the car wouldn't fill up.  :-[

OwL

Quote from: The Cuckoo on September 10, 2011, 10:27:58 PM

Which one?

The EWS liveried one, much like the one on the extreme top right of his fine stand. I got a picture of it which i will post tomorrow when im feeling less sick. He does them in batches of five so he tells me. ive ordered the same livery and weathered as disply but numbered 60035, which i receive end of Oct. Im gonna pay him this week. I cant wait to own one of his masterpieces :beers: :music: :thumbsup:

4x2

As long as it's N gauge and I like it, i'll buy it  ;D  Used to follow the old ' can't have that, it won't fit in my period' thing, but now I just buy what I want...

As for the ride home... one hell of a heavy shower slowed everybody down except for the jerk in a merc (sprinter, obviously !) who decided to tail gate some poor bloke when you couldn't see 10ft in front of you... crazy  >:(

Stil, it was a great show, was well worth the trip and good to put some faces to some of these strange names ! Good to see you folks  :thumbsup:

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations