BR Lines' Coach lighting system

Started by G_N_E_R, November 21, 2015, 01:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_N_E_R

Has anyone used/installed BR Lines' coach lighting system? It seems a steal at £5.25!
here is a link to what I'm on about: http://brlines.co.uk/other-products/
also does anyone know the difference between L4U -02S and L4U -01S?
Cheers in advance
Philip

MikeDunn

By the looks of it (and experience with other lighting systems), purely the colour.  If you're modelling older stock, go with the amber, if newer the white.

G_N_E_R

Cheers, I'll take the white to improve the farish hst's and 225s

graeme Jolley

Hi!

I have some of the Farish Mark 2A carriages and wish to completely light the set. I have DAPOL units fitted to a Class 156 and although good I am not completely satisfied as I cannot get them to stop flickering. These from BR Lines look fine but I cannot see any more comments regarding actual use. Has anybody used them and can they confirm whether they "do what it says on the tin"? Do they last 30 hours? If so I reckon that is probably a couple of years worth of running on my layout so will not have to open the coach lids very often. Also how do they activate/deactivate - is it motion controlled or is it necessary to put a switch in underneath? Would very much appreciate to learn from others before taking the plunge and thanks in advance for any replies.
Best regards
Graeme

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations