what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on September 22, 2011, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: Dock Shunter on September 22, 2011, 03:16:41 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on September 22, 2011, 01:47:32 PM
Quote from: Dock Shunter on September 22, 2011, 01:01:25 PM

Not sure if elf 'n' safety allows you to work on your own so I suggest you rope in Jack Daniels or Jim Beam as helpers :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

Don't want to be upsettin Elf "n" Saftey Mick.....unfortunately i'm not on personal terms with Jack Daniels or
Jim Beam so i will have to make do with my mate Glen......Glen Morangie or the other one..whats his name.......
Jamerson that's it......... :beers:

AlexModelMan

Alex

Alex

Hi Alex and welcome.

Care to share your ideas?

Alex

davieb

hi all  :wave:

at the moment i am trying to get a farish crab to run right, it keeps sticking on the valve gear somewhere but cant trace the prob  :(

hi alex welcome to the forum we like to hear details  :thumbsup:

dave

Ollie3440

I've just done a small bit of ballasting on my flat mates layout and another mates layout (I seem to do most on both! lol)

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

B1 61126

Hello all thought its about time I brought things up to date as I started this thread so here goes layout at a standstill now doing a bit of modelling working on the cenotaph coaling tower and ash plant to match then the engine shed area can be sorted and last bit of track in that area can be laid
bye for now
Geoff

Sprintex

Today, I have been mostly running in my new Dapol HST  8)

Paul

SD35

Landscaping.

I've been uncharacteristically patient with this one and waited for the backscene to be finished before starting on the rest of it.  Its one of the main lessons learned over the years that starting at the front tends to result in elbow shaped dimples in the ballast and plaster/paint blobs where they shouldn't be.  Just drying out a bowl of wet sand now to mix with earth paint and give it some texture which I haven't done before but am hoping it will help smooth over some of the little holes in the plaster cloth.

One way:

t'other way:

Also, less interestingly, have sprayed the track on the new storage yard bypass line so I can finish off the scenery here and ballast it.

For the stock lovers, a shot of the same bit of track from a few days ago before it was painted with a new delivery of loco and wagons after the Mercig treatment.  Its a bit grainy as I have to shoot at ISO 3200 at the back of the room there.  Must get a tripod - are you listening Santa?

Tank

Very good, and I like the shot of the rolling stock. :thumbsup:

matt-b

like that 37 and seacows alot, ahhhh whenever i see them it makes me want to buy more.....

:NGaugeForum:

Newportnobby

Great work, SD :thumbsup: Can I ask what you used for formers underneath the rock bandage?

OwL

Excellent work and a credit to the hobby. Well done :thumbsup:

Hope Santa brings you that tripod you want ;)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

SD35

Nobby, the inclined track is laid on Woodlands Scenics risers and either side of that its just old copies of the Telegraph scrunched up and covered with masking tape to get the desired shape.  Then the plaster cloth is layed over that.  I have an awful habit when making a layout of laying the track and doing the electrics then umming and ahing for weeks/months while having little running sessions before getting on with the scenics.  Now that I've started that area it should come on quicker.

One benefit of taking pics is noticing which of your trees need de-wonkying.

Newportnobby

Quote from: SD35 on November 22, 2011, 09:46:27 PM
Nobby, the inclined track is laid on Woodlands Scenics risers and either side of that its just old copies of the Telegraph scrunched up and covered with masking tape to get the desired shape.  Then the plaster cloth is layed over that.  I have an awful habit when making a layout of laying the track and doing the electrics then umming and ahing for weeks/months while having little running sessions before getting on with the scenics.  Now that I've started that area it should come on quicker.

One benefit of taking pics is noticing which of your trees need de-wonkying.
Thanks SD :thumbsup: Mmm - de-wonkying, I bet they would have fun with that in Dictionary Corner on Countdown!!!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations