British Model Railway Awards 2017 - Vote for us!

Started by guest2, January 06, 2018, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Done, but left a lot of 'No Answer' to questions about the other gauges, layout of the year etc., especially as the latter category featured none of the layouts I'd wish to vote for.

Tank

Thanks to everyone so far. :thumbsup:

Yes, it seems odd that manufacturers were left off this year. :-\

Adam1701D

Done - it says a lot about the hobby that there is now far more O Gauge to choose from than N.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

RailGooner

Done my duty.
:NGF:

:hmmm: Interesting to see Hattons and Rails amongst the nominations for both 'Retailer's Customer Service Award' and 'Website of the Year Award' considering the negative views expressed here recently about their websites and customer service.

For most categories no reference was made as to how the nominations were formulated. I gave 'no answer' to 'Overall manufacturer of the Year' since my choice wasn't nominated. I know that the purpose of this poll is to be a marketing vehicle for BRM - and that's why BRM readers get to shortlist some categories -  but I wonder by what rationale was any shortlisting applied to this category? :thumbsdown:

Rabbitaway

Voted for NGF

I must say this is a pointless exercise as so many options are missing as nominations are so limited

Only completed to give NGF the profile it deserves

Shiney Sheff

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Train Waiting

Quote from: newportnobby on January 07, 2018, 10:11:15 AM
Done, but left a lot of 'No Answer' to questions about the other gauges, layout of the year etc., especially as the latter category featured none of the layouts I'd wish to vote for.

I was exactly the same.  I was glad that 'No Answer' was given as an option.

After my fairly brief visit to 'RMWeb', I'm very glad that I was recommended to join this Forum, which is the only internet forum that I have ever joined.  I fully expect that this state of affairs will continue!

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

leachsprite4

I've done my duty to NGF, I like the ability to vote for it as a website on an rmweb poll.

Noted dapol not there as an n manufacturer but it appears to be based on new releases in the year, which none were listed for dapol.

As a thought the ability for no answer in fields is good as the analysis should be able to show the number of no answers. Therefore you can show your bias to n gauge by only answering those questions.

Graham

Zogbert Splod

Voted.

Some VERY STRANGE options on offer and some EVEN STRANGER NOT on option...
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

ntpntpntp

Really not impressed with the survey, far too limited choices.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Delboy

Quote from: ntpntpntp on January 07, 2018, 05:11:18 PM
Really not impressed with the survey, far too limited choices.

My thoughts entirely.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Invicta Alec

You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations