Official NGF Coach Tour Participant List and Rules - 2015

Started by guest2, July 14, 2015, 10:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-Gauge-US

The coach arrived today in my corner of the world! I'm at work with it right now, so it hasn't made it home to the layout yet, but this evening I will get some pictures of it in Avondale. I have tomorrow off so I'm going to probably get a good chance to play with it some and pose it for pictures (including hopefully one of it at the beach! Should be able to repost it to Cornwall by Monday :)

Updates soon to come :)
Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

port perran

Glad it arrived safely.
Looking forward to the beach shots. Perhaps I can replicate that when the coach arrives in Cornwall.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: port perran on June 08, 2016, 06:18:13 PM
Glad it arrived safely.
Looking forward to the beach shots. Perhaps I can replicate that when the coach arrives in Cornwall.

I thought that might make a nice pairing: a picture of it on each side of the Atlantic :)

railsquid

Good to hear it arrived, quicker than I expected  :thumbsup:

N-Gauge-US

After work today I went for a walk on the beach and saw something unexpected...

After that, I couldn't resist swinging back by work to take a shot of the coach running on US metals...

We have had it as a door stop since I was little (5-6). A customer who worked for the railroad discovered I liked trains, so he brought me a piece of rail, which my father has used as a door stop for the store every day since :)

Alright, enough for now, soon it will make its first appearance in Avondale with lots of pictures to accompany it, but before that... DINNER! :)

Philip

port perran

Tank

port perran

Any pictures on your layout yet ?
Seems to have been a very long dinner  :D

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: port perran on June 12, 2016, 09:33:41 AM
Any pictures on your layout yet ?
Seems to have been a very long dinner  :D

Quite right, Martin, and sorry for the delay. I've been working everyday and haven't had much chance to pose it for pictures (when I am home I've mostly been making sure everyone gets a turn pulling it round the layout!).

Speaking of, a new loco was added to the roster yesterday, a UM Dean Goods, which can be seen here pulling the a special coach into Avondale station. The coach is decorated in a special livery celebrating the n gauge forum, a society whose membership have contributed considerably to the running and construction of Avondale station. Aboard the coach are a number of NGF VIPs and on the platform, many residents of Avondale and volunteers from the railway have gathered to greet the railway's biggest benefactors.

More pictures to come in the next couple of days and then I will get it in the mail to Cornwall. I will probably post it Tuesday, if that's ok with you, Martin,  as I have work Monday as well. If not, I can delegate someone else to post it for me Monday.

Thanks all,

Philip

port perran

Great pictures. Thank you and that Dean Goods looks really good.
No rush to post it off - just when you are ready.

N-Gauge-US

Everyone got a turn with the coach this morning! Even the American and Continental locos! :)

port perran

Great stuff . You have a fine collection of locomotives there.
The coach in half brown and half chocolate and cream intrigues me ?
As does that thing that looks like a glass of beer standing on the platform ?

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: port perran on June 12, 2016, 05:20:45 PM
Great stuff . You have a fine collection of locomotives there.
The coach in half brown and half chocolate and cream intrigues me ?
As does that thing that looks like a glass of beer standing on the platform ?
Many thanks :)

The coach is an Mk1 BCK in SLOA Pullman livery produced by the Bachmann collectors club. It runs as a support coach for mainline locomotives and is owned by the Steam Locomotive Opperators Association.

The beer glass was a lovely little surprise that arrived in the package with the coach, courtesy of @railsquid . A big thank you to him for it :) Though I need to double check and make sure it isn't supposed to continue to travel with the coach (which would be neat as well!).

railsquid

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on June 12, 2016, 05:28:59 PM
The beer glass was a lovely little surprise that arrived in the package with the coach, courtesy of @railsquid . A big thank you to him for it :) Though I need to double check and make sure it isn't supposed to continue to travel with the coach (which would be neat as well!).
Up to you :D I have a bunch of odd items like that I put in when sending stuff to people.

Though seeing it like that makes me think I could use something similar as a giant beerglass advertisment on an N-scale building  :hmmm:

Tank

Fantastic, so many loco's!  Thanks for sharing.  :)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations