How many loco's have you got?

Started by guest2, February 26, 2011, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

point blank

I am in the early 70's after a quick count up with most of my stuff from the Poole era Farish range although I have started adding to it again lately including 3 class 60's of which I am trying to get the full set that Farish have produced (4 remaining I think).

matt-b

which class 60`s do you still need point blank?  :NGaugeForum:

point blank

Quote from: matt-b on February 27, 2011, 10:58:03 AM
which class 60`s do you still need point blank?  :NGaugeForum:
I still need
60059 Swinden Dalesman in Load Haul
60 061 Alexander Graham Bell in Transrail
60 084 Cross Fell in Transrail
60 081 I.K.B in GWR
These are all available at the moment so will be easy enough to get.
60006 in British Steel Blue was the hard one to get as no body had it in stock, but i managed to get a new one from Glasgow yesterday  :)

Dock Shunter

I feel like Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  when they asked him how many bars of chocolate he had opened looking for
Golden Tickets  :-\
                         I only have eight.....yes that's right EIGHT :smiley-laughing:
                         108 dmu
                         two 37s
                         one 47
                         a Gronk
                         one Chopper
                         a 24 and an 04
You can all laugh now or wait till ive logged off and laugh among yourselves :smiley-laughing: ;D
(Iv'e only got into it in the last two years so slowly building up my collection)

Tank

Nothing wrong with 8....I got my first train over 15 years ago, and it's only the last 4 years I've gone mad on buying them.  I've slowed down a lot since I realised I'd have to DCC them all in the future.   ;D

point blank

As Tank says, I too have been collecting mine for over 20 years. It's frightening to think how much I have spent, but as they were bought bit by bit you don't notice it.

jonclox

Quote from: Dock Shunter on February 27, 2011, 02:48:49 PM

Well thats 2 more than me  :(
All I can muster is...........
A Poole GWR tank engine  :GraFar:  
A Poole M5 (?)  :GraFar:
A Halls Class  :GraFar:
2 Terriers  :Dapol:

And of course my latest....the Minitrix Croc
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Dock Shunter

Thank's John i feel much better now :smiley-laughing: ;)                                                               
Maybe some of the members would like to post some pics of their collections?
I for one would love to see what you fella's have collected over the years

Claude Dreyfus

Depending on who you talk to, either too few (me!) or too many (Mrs Dreyfus!)... ;D

Mustermark

Quote from: Dock Shunter on February 27, 2011, 02:48:49 PM
I feel like Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  when they asked him how many bars of chocolate he had opened looking for
Golden Tickets  :-\
                         108 dmu
                         two 37s
                         one 47
                         a Gronk
                         one Chopper
                         a 24 and an 04
You can all laugh now or wait till ive logged off and laugh among yourselves :smiley-laughing: ;D
(Iv'e only got into it in the last two years so slowly building up my collection)

I have been collecting my 40-odd for over 15 years and I have steam, BR Blue and modern image.  Most of mine are off eBay.  But it's not quantity - it's quality that counts!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

tadpole

True Mustermark.

A loco that doesn't run well isn't a loco. I've had a few in my time, and I don't tolerate them. I "score" everything out of ten, and don't tolerate anything less than 8 (runs OK, might need an initial push, or might be noisy).

As I am totally rubbish at all but the most basic repairs, they either get a new chassis, or get a few cogs removed to convert them into dummies for double-heading or siding fillers. Failing that, they go on eBay as spares/repairs, where they are invariably bought by a very nice chap in Paisley who fixes and resells them.
Two rails good. Three better.

Adam1701D

I've got three 91s in Intercity livery, 'cos I like them.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Mustermark

Quote from: captainelectra on February 28, 2011, 07:44:37 PM
I've got three 91s in Intercity livery, 'cos I like them.

When the postie makes it over here from the UK with my parcel from Trains_4U :thumbsup: I will have a total of 14 :GraFar: Westerns :-[.  That will be about a third of my collection.  Some are still waiting to be renamed ::).  I promised my wife I would stop now :angel:, but secretly I would love to get the set of 74!!! :evil:

Can't wait to see the new Dapol Western Venturer.  I will be getting that for my birthday, I hope! ;D
:NGAUGE: :Dapol:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Lawrence

If you ever get any Japanese  'rubbish' tadpole, give me a shout  ;D

tadpole

I do have a soft spot for Japanese trains, thanks to PC games which feature them, but having waaaay too much stock already, I really can't add yet another country to my fleet.

I do, however, use Japanese chassis to replace knackered British ones under my DMU/EMUs.
Two rails good. Three better.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations