1970's road vehicles

Started by busman, October 15, 2012, 10:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernardTPM

Graham Farish by Bachmann do seem to have made some awful blunders when it comes to road vehicles. Those resin ones were at best poor and at worst practically unrecognisable. The buses are much better models, but to the wrong N scale - 1:160. They haven't done any lorries, but they could score some brownie points by reintroducing the Intertrans range. I don't think they will, though.

H

For French vehicles (in 1:160) the Dominique Pion range is massive. For American try Atlas, GHQ and Lineside.

H.

weave

Quote from: BernardTPM on October 15, 2012, 11:17:35 PM
Graham Farish by Bachmann do seem to have made some awful blunders when it comes to road vehicles. Those resin ones were at best poor and at worst practically unrecognisable. The buses are much better models, but to the wrong N scale - 1:160. They haven't done any lorries, but they could score some brownie points by reintroducing the Intertrans range. I don't think they will, though.

For arguments sake 1:160 is the 'right' scale and yours are all too big!!  :) Go CONTINENTAL! Sorry, opened more wine and hopefully not a can of worms.  :beers:

I'll get me tankard.

BernardTPM

I expect to see loads of Continental and American layouts with Leyland Nationals, then!  :D

BernardTPM

Come to think of it, maybe they did it that scale so it can be converted into LEV1 which did run for a while in the USA  ;)

woodbury22uk

Quote from: H on October 16, 2012, 12:04:07 AM
For French vehicles (in 1:160) the Dominique Pion range is massive. For American try Atlas, GHQ and Lineside.

H.

Sadly Dominique Pion passed away in May this year so his immense talent is now lost to us. How much of the range will still be available is currently unknown.

Mike
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

H

Quote from: woodbury22uk on October 16, 2012, 04:20:03 AM

Sadly Dominique Pion passed away in May this year so his immense talent is now lost to us. How much of the range will still be available is currently unknown.

That is sad. But presumably the moulds are still in existance and someone owns the rights to them. Hopefully, they will continue although, no doubt, it will take time to sort out.

H.

H

Quote from: weave on October 16, 2012, 12:10:24 AM

For arguments sake 1:160 is the 'right' scale and yours are all too big

Regardless of the right and wrong (and probably the historians will tell you that 1:152 2mm/1ft is the 'right' one), 1:160 is waaaaay too small for British 1:148 scale.  :)

H.

upnick

Hi  Grahame,     

The Parker  cars look  good  epecially the  Jaguar mid  to later  60's   model  i  believe  ?   do you have a link  / supplier of Parker cars please ?   

H

Quote from: upnick on October 16, 2012, 11:01:40 AM

The Parker  cars look  good  epecially the  Jaguar mid  to later  60's   model  i  believe  ?   do you have a link  / supplier of Parker cars please ?   

He doesn't have a website and it's mail order direct from him (so you'll need stamps and envelopes :D) although some N gauge traders do have some of his kits. I can't remember the address (it's somewhere in Worcestershire IIRC) - but it's probably in the N'spirations Yearbook. Unfortunately I haven't got one to hand.

H.

BernardTPM

R. Parker    - 19, Oaklands, Malvern Wells, Worcs., WR14 4JE
He has an advert in the current Railway Modeller, p53a.

upnick

Quote from: H on October 16, 2012, 12:06:04 PM
He doesn't have a website and it's mail order direct from him (so you'll need stamps and envelopes :D) although some N gauge traders do have some of his kits. I can't remember the address (it's somewhere in Worcestershire IIRC) - but it's probably in the N'spirations Yearbook. Unfortunately I haven't got one to hand.

H.

Many thanks Graham  &  Bernard i shall  get  my stamps & envelopes out   ;)

woodbury22uk

Quote from: H on October 16, 2012, 08:15:21 AM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on October 16, 2012, 04:20:03 AM

That is sad. But presumably the moulds are still in existance and someone owns the rights to them. Hopefully, they will continue although, no doubt, it will take time to sort out.

H.

The French N Forum has been running a "hommage" page which features pictures of his vehicles on various layouts. but no mention of the future for the range.

http://le-forum-du-n.forumotions.com/t15573-hommage-a-dominique-pion-n_auto?highlight=pion

Mike
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations