Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebnoswal and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ditape

My Class 50 has eventually arrived it was well worth the wait, it is a smooth runner, highly detailed, probably the best loco put out by Dapol in n.
Diane Tape

Trainfish

Quote from: Ditape on November 15, 2019, 02:07:43 PM

My Class 50 has eventually arrived it was well worth the wait, it is a smooth runner, highly detailed, probably the best loco put out by Dapol in n.

it is a smooth runner, highly detailed, and plays great music. What more could one want??
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dickydcc

Much thanks to Newportnobby, a pic of my haul bought from him

Jeff_W

New arrivals:

Learned that Dapol coaches don't like to stay coupled to Graham Farish locomotives...think coupler height might have something to do with it?

Dickydcc

Yes, sometimes I end up putting a farish coach between them!

Bob Tidbury

A tiny bit of TACKYWAX from Deluxe Materials is very good at stopping uncoupling problems .
Bob Tidbury

texhorse

My new acquisition is the new Atlas SD60E in the Norfolk Southern "Veterans" livery.  It's a great loco, nice and quiet, very detailed.  Only thing I find is that it has very dim lights at the cab end. 

Andy
UK

Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Jeff_W

Quote from: Dickydcc on November 23, 2019, 07:00:50 AM
Yes, sometimes I end up putting a farish coach between them!

I would probably try to find a set of Farish coaches today if I could get them here fast enough. Thinking of going back on to Hattons and seeing what Dapol offerings they have that might go with those coaches. It all sounds a little crazy, I know, but I'm trying to have a passenger train/freight train on the two mains on my layout when family will most likely see it next Thursday. Hattons is the only one that could get something here before Thursday if I order it today or tomorrow.

bluedepot

markie

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

RailGooner

Quote from: markie on November 24, 2019, 07:38:03 AM
Few purchases from the NEC yesterday,

Lovely train. I've been tempted close to breaking point myself.

Skyline2uk

Well here is the traditional Warley purchase photo.

Despite the KFAs being pre-paid for this is still my new spend record.

Strange to think that it was Warley 2015(?) @red_death and @Ben A were running around handing out leaflets for the Pendo project. At the time I wanted it to succeed but didn't seriously think I would own one. Now here I am with one of the very last to be sold (from the original run anyway).

Not only that but I now have (or have on order), examples of many of the subsequent models Revolution have produced. Amazing the difference a few years make.

Further piccys to appear on the relevant threads in due course, plus Warley discussions as they happen.

Skyline2uk

gc4946

I'm now waiting for my pack of PFA/KFAs through the post.
Which version of the Pendolino have you got? 9-car? 11-car?
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations