So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Quoteno problem, even medical staff don't seem able to get them, so what chance have we got.

Yeah, looked on Amazon, delivery dates end April into May and reviews of quality were abysmal, stitching falling apart among other problems. Not exactly cheap either.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

daffy

I have a few JSP Pro dust masks designated FFP3 from Screwfix that I would normally use for DIY stuff.

Not perfect for aerosols, but better than some of the rubbish ones see  online that wouldn't protect you from anything.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

I hope that there are no burglars reading this who know where you live.   ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: daffy on April 01, 2020, 03:55:46 PM
Quote from: Dorsetmike on April 01, 2020, 12:51:02 PM
As for the advice to stop touching your face I've stopped shaving, growing a beard.

Thought, how do you wash your face without touching it?

Do Karcher make a mini jet-washer unit for the bathroom? :hmmm:  :D

2 comments re beards:
- anti-virus facemasks will not be as effective over a beard
- beards need to be kept clean and groomed too, perhaps requiring even more face touching, to keep at bay the dreaded 'beard lice' and to stop birds nesting

I'm thinking of fitting one of these as I'm getting a bit fed being rationed with bog roll in shops.

By the looks of things user's would have to careful of that jet of water, could make a mess on the bathroom floor!  :D   

Snowwolflair

Quote from: daffy on April 01, 2020, 06:52:01 PM
I have a few JSP Pro dust masks designated FFP3 from Screwfix that I would normally use for DIY stuff.

Not perfect for aerosols, but better than some of the rubbish ones see  online that wouldn't protect you from anything.

You want the JSP Press To Check™ ABEK1 P3 Filters to go with that (all hazzards).  But you wont get them now and all available stock is being directed to the NHS.

themadhippy

QuoteYou want the JSP Press To Check™ ABEK1 P3 Filters to go with that (all hazzards).  But you wont get them now and all available stock is being directed to the NHS.

No need for all that, a visit to  marks and sparks or ann summers should  get you sorted

freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Snowwolflair

Quote from: themadhippy on April 01, 2020, 07:41:12 PM

QuoteYou want the JSP Press To Check™ ABEK1 P3 Filters to go with that (all hazzards).  But you wont get them now and all available stock is being directed to the NHS.

No need for all that, a visit to  marks and sparks or ann summers should  get you sorted

Or girlfriend  :smiley-laughing:

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

chrism

Quote from: Dorsetmike on April 01, 2020, 08:09:53 PM
@Mr Sprue Got a bidet alongside the throne.

Hey, some nitwit's put two dunnies in here  :D

Lawrence

Well I have be requested to return to work tomorrow, the boss wants a system build finished, another system tested and yet another completely different one built and wired, in one day! Apart from said boss (who will be in the front office) it will just be me in the workshop so looks like a break from tech support from the living room. Likewise Della is also going in to her work tomorrow as she has stuff to return and other stuff to pick up, she too will be on her own.
Much hand washing and social distancing will ensue and fingers crossed

Bealman

You should be OK., but good luck anyway, the both of you.  :thumbsup:

I must admit I'm paranoid about even going near the shopping centre these days, but hey, when you're out of Victoria Bitter.....  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mr Sprue

I wear what the asbestos removal guys and sprayers use GEARSON 8000E Series I couldnt give a toss if I look like a cock walking round Tesco wearing it, but I'm over 65 and things look pretty grim for my age group if I get infected!

Newportnobby

I am getting very frustrated with my Mum who, although she has done the right thing in self isolating herself (she's 87), hasn't quite come to grips with the fact her son and eldest daughter are not on call to go shopping for her every time she wants something she's either forgotten to ask for or run out of >:(
My exposure to supermarkets is max twice a week and that's only because they either haven't got what I/we need or limit the number allowed.

Bealman

Does the supermarket do home delivery? Anne has been getting into that big time here
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Bealman on April 01, 2020, 09:45:53 PM
Does the supermarket do home delivery? Anne has been getting into that big time here

WHAT A HOME DELIVERY IN THE UK!!!  :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations