How many loco's have you got?

Started by guest2, February 26, 2011, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Rod, if it is mint and runs well then £44 is probably about top dollar, but it sounds like you have a good one.  Secondhand I wouldn't go above £35 personally, maybe I'm just tight ;)

New Haven got swallowed up by Penn Central in the late 60's I think, and I should imagine by 1970 most of the rolling stock would have been resprayed, but the RDC's were widely used and it would be simple enough to change yours if required.

I think CSX started around 1980 (ish) and I am pretty sure they got  up into the same areas where New Haven operated, so it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility to have a CSX mainline and the RDC running on a preservation line nearby  ;)

Also have replied to your other thread  :thumbsup:

Rod

Quote from: Lawrence on June 06, 2011, 11:24:04 AM
it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility to have a CSX mainline and the RDC running on a preservation line nearby  ;)
Well that may be a good start then - my idea was for the RDC to shuttle back and forth on a high level line above an urban shunting area.
I doubt whether I'll be wanting to change paint schemes or lettering etc. - I'd probably just sell and get something more appropriate.
Rod

moogle

My turn!  :smiley-laughing:

I only have  :NGAUGE: loco's.

Right, to start with, my English loco's:

:GraFar: (Poole made)

Flying Scotsman in LNER green. I have an N Brass replacement bogie earmarked for this and a repaint into BR Green.
J94 in Blue. A repaint, don't remember the original colour as its been repainted a few times now!
GP tank in BR black
2 x Holden tanks in GER blue awaiting repair... (Might be a long wait too!)
Class 08 in BR green
Class 47 'County of Norfolk' in NSE colours. (See, Tank hasn't got all of them!  :smiley-laughing:)
4P in Caledonian Railway in blue. An old 3 pole model but runs ok.

:GraFar: (China)

J94 in BR black
Class 08 in EWS red
94xx in GWR green
3MT in BR green

:Dapol:

14xx GWR green
14xx BR black
2 x M7 in LSWR green
Terrier 'Boxhill'

MINITRIX:

2 x Dock tanks. Both have been cosmetically altered to be more industrial looking.
2 x class 27 in green. One needs repair.
Warship in green
9F in black

UNION MILLS:

3F in BR black

PECO:

Jubilee in BR black. An early model. Desperately needs an overhaul!  :'(

And now for the locos that are or will be Irish once I've finished with them:

2 x Union Mills 3F's. One is planned for conversion to a J15, the other has been converted to a J19:

2 x Lifelike SW9 switcher chassis. I have 2 Valvedesign 'C' class diesel bodies for these and lots of fittings from N Brass to add.
Could be a while...

1 x  :Dapol: M7 with a  :GraFar: 6w tender chassis. I plan to chop this into a D16 4-4-0!  :)
1 x  :GraFar: GP tank to alter into either a J11 or J26. Gotta get plans to check 1st as to which.
1 x :Dapol: 14xx chassis that I've started to turn into a 2-4-2 to make one of those nice F6 class loco's.

And last but not least:

1 x old Poole made  :GraFar: class 37.
It needs a repair to one bogie and the bodywork is devoid of all fittings including bufferbeam!
I plan eventually to turn this beast into THE TURFBURNER!  :evil:

A mixed bag if ever there was one...
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Newportnobby

Darn it! Rails sent me an e mail about limited stocks of the Farish 4MT 2-6-4 tank so I had to have one. Why do they do this to me? At this rate I'll have moved into the next number section way too soon. The max I can have on my (planned) layout is 14 and I already have 17 kettles which can then be substituted for fat fryers and I have 21 of them. Doh! Trouble is by the time the layout is built they'll be long out of warranty - just as well I have a test track.

AndyGif

my names andy and i'm an addict......
5 X 08's (3 old style [soon to be axed], 2 outside framed), 1 x 04, 1 x 14, 2 x 20's, 1 x 25
1 x 33, 1 x 35, 4 x 37's, 2 x 40's, 1 x 44, 2 x 45's, 1 x 46, 4 x 47, 6 x 50's (if you include swapping body shells)
2 52's, 3 x 101 sets, 3 125 sets, 1 tamper, 1 kof II
and gasp 1 x 9f my only kettle

and i still want more, is there  a cure for this ......
:Class37:

Dock Shunter

Quote from: AndyGif on June 15, 2011, 05:55:09 PM
my names andy and i'm an addict......
5 X 08's (3 old style [soon to be axed], 2 outside framed), 1 x 04, 1 x 14, 2 x 20's, 1 x 25
1 x 33, 1 x 35, 4 x 37's, 2 x 40's, 1 x 44, 2 x 45's, 1 x 46, 4 x 47, 6 x 50's (if you include swapping body shells)
2 52's, 3 x 101 sets, 3 125 sets, 1 tamper, 1 kof II
and gasp 1 x 9f my only kettle

and i still want more, is there  a cure for this ......
:Class37:
Yes there is a cure Andy............Get rid of the Kettle  ;D :thumbsup:

AndyGif

shame no one does a nice kits of kettles and the gas axe men.
its not that i dislike kettles, i was just born too late to see any working in anger.
stuffed and mounted in museums or on hobbled on preserved lines just dont do it for me.
loved seeing woodhams scrapyard from the coach on a school trip to barry in the very early 80's.

my layout is an abridged version of gloucester central and horton road depot, i'd post some pictures but photopic went to the wall recently and the layout is still waiting for me to set it all up again after getting married 3 year ago and moving house.  damn these women and their decorating needs, i should have it all up again within the next month god willing.

Bikeracer

I've only been at this since Easter this year.

Peco Collet.
108 DMU.
4 MT.
3 MT tank.

All chipped.

I also have a Hornby "Duchess of Atholl" three rail set still in it's slightly battered box that was a Christmas present in 1949 meaning I've had it for sixty two years...does this qualify for the longest owned loco?

There's also a tank engine,but neither have seen light of day for about thirty years at least.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

jonclox

Quote from: Bikeracer on June 15, 2011, 07:19:09 PM

I also have a Hornby "Duchess of Atholl" three rail set still in it's slightly battered box that was a Christmas present in 1949 meaning I've had it for sixty two years...does this qualify for the longest owned loco?

Allan
1949 must have been a good year for "Duchess of Atholl" because thats the year my father gave me one as part of my 1st ever Hornby Doublo train set.
Wonder where that is how? Everything suddenly vanished back in the late 60s soon after(?) we had some alterations done in my parents house :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Jonathan Clapp

these are my British ones, I bought in an odd lot recently for not much money.
All Grafar,  from the 80s or older, all run reasonably well.
#1. LMS 0-6-0 (Class 4F?) by Lima. pancake motor in tender  :P
#2. LMS 0-6-0, D&M white metal on Grafar 0-6-0 chassis.
#3. LNER Class J33??, D&M white metal on Grafar 0-6-0 chassis.
#4. GWR Pannier tank by Grafar

not shown, one Black 5, somewhat modified, not running.
and one brand new Dapol Terrier "Ashtead"  :thumbsup:

For this thread, I had to do an inventory of my American stuff, which I have been accumulating since 1968,
the totals are diesel, electric and DMU - 84 , steam - 11
I also have three German steam engines,

so all together 103 engines. 8)

grid078

Guessing at around the 75 mark, but am probably way under.

08x3, 20x6, 25x4, 31x7, 37x20, 40x4, 47x15, 50x6, 56x4, 60x1, 66x7, 73x8, HSTx6, 58 kitsx2, 101x4, 156x1 plus one dummy unit, 158x6 plus one dummy unit, 150x1, 170x1 plus a GWR pannier and a Q1. Think thats it, don`t ask about the wagon and coaches cos i really have no idea at all.

scruff

Just realised I passed the 10+ mark this month.
Bach/Far
class 24
class 47 x2
class 60
class 150/1
Dapol
class 43-3 pairs
class 58
class 86 x2

looking forward to the 101, 56 and 26 coming out.

Mark

Newportnobby

Quote from: scruff on August 11, 2011, 05:09:34 PM
Just realised I passed the 10+ mark this month.

looking forward to the 101, 56 and 26 coming out.

Mark

That's the first milestone passed, Mark :thumbsup: Beware, it's terribly addictive :o

darren.c

i have started n gauge modelling in may this year my fleet so far is
2x37 converted to DRS
2x 57 DRS 1 renumberd
1 67 DB
1 X 66 EWS dapol
1 x 66 DB dapol
1 x 66 gb metronet dapol
1 x 60 mainline with beasties transfer
1 x170 xc
2 x150 centro
1x220 xc
wasn't until now just realised who many locos i have brought just better not tell her in doors how much I've spent so far lol
daz

Newportnobby

Oh Gawd - all this modelling going on without kettles :(
Somebody help me please in putting these poor misguided souls on the path to righteousness :A1Tornado:

Mind you, with all the complaints about current offerings maybe they just have something.........................

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations