What's up with RMweb recently?

Started by railsquid, December 23, 2021, 12:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

Rmweb appears to be down this morning I'm getting a code 524.

Moose2013

Moose just checked website on Moose mobile. Website is up, no pop-up ads or irritant videos.  A bit slow to open a photo-heavy thread, but that's to be expected with this phone. Really puzzled by others' difficulties with the RMWeb website.
:hmmm:

jmupton2000

It seems to be very random.  For example, first thing this morning all was fine until the third or fourth page click whereupon it would freeze.  Later it was all right for about seven or eight page clicks (all be it loading VERY slowly) and then freeze.  This afternoon straight to the 524 server error page.

It has been like this on and off for a while now and it seems to me that Warner's senior management don't really care about it enough to get on and fix it, maybe they are trying to get rid of it?  This along with the pop up advertising debacle means I am seriously considering giving RMWeb up which is sad as I was one of the very first members when it was first established some fifteen or more years ago.

Moose2013

Hmmm, just tried to log on from desktop, only to receive an Error 522 connection timed out message ... Drats! Moose thought everyone else was just hallucinating...
:uneasy:

jmupton2000

njee20

It is definitely still highly problematic. I saw Andy saying it was something to do with the hosting company, but that he was struggling to get them to care (to paraphrase!) which doesn't bode particularly well.

The problem is that if it becomes too much effort then people really will just stop trying, and that is self perpetuating, and without traffic it dies.

Quote from: Moose2013 on January 23, 2022, 05:22:14 PM
Moose thought everyone else was just hallucinating...

Still, even more annoying than RMWeb being flaky is you constantly referring to yourself in the third person!

Newportnobby

Quote from: njee20 on January 27, 2022, 01:30:59 PM
It is definitely still highly problematic. I saw Andy saying it was something to do with the hosting company, but that he was struggling to get them to care (to paraphrase!) which doesn't bode particularly well.

The problem is that if it becomes too much effort then people really will just stop trying, and that is self perpetuating, and without traffic it dies.

Quote from: Moose2013 on January 23, 2022, 05:22:14 PM
Moose thought everyone else was just hallucinating...

Still, even more annoying than RMWeb being flaky is you constantly referring to yourself in the third person!

Just your opinion. If you don't like it add Moose to your 'Ignore' list

njee20

Probably should be a smiley face in there. Nick apologises. Nick can't stand the ignore list either, mind ;D

Tank

Quote from: njee20 on January 27, 2022, 01:30:59 PM
...constantly referring to yourself in the third person!

Third moose, surely?!   :P

njee20

I did pause, given one presumes he's not called "Moose", as to whether it is actually the third person, or indeed just referring to oneself by a pseudonym. Regardless njee20 is confused! Doesn't take much!  :doh:

Dragging us back on topic of talking about other websites, RMWeb seems a bit more stable at the moment. Shall reserve judgement...

Seems to be back to "Chocolate Teapot" mode again today.  I've given up trying to continue posting on a topic i've got running on there until it gets back to some sort of normallity .

The Q

According to facefart they are reloading RMWeb (again) so you can't post at the moment.
I also notice that stupid video is reappearing every time you click a "like" and the screen jumps around not landing back where you started..

woodbury22uk

Funny how the ads load so quickly, whilst the content takes ages or never arrives. Does not augur well for the Farish Spring announcement today, if there is anything to announce.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Buzzard

Quote from: The Q on February 02, 2022, 07:29:10 AMI also notice that stupid video is reappearing every time you click a "like"

That's an easy fix, don't press like.

Yes that's publically un-supportive to the user but you could always send them a PM?

Quote from: woodbury22uk on February 02, 2022, 07:38:48 AMFunny how the ads load so quickly.

Don't get any ads and don't use an adblocker. 

Google was, in terms of not receiving ads, my friend.  It also helped to stop the annoying videos.

jmupton2000

Worse than ever today, slow, no images appearing in any post and in the last few minutes as I was about to report the problem, the ability to reply/post anything has now packed up.

I did read a post saying they are in talks with a new hosting provider so I guess even they have had enough of the current ones who seem to be utterly useless.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations