Not N-Gauge but well worth a look

Started by N_GaugeModeller, August 08, 2020, 02:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_GaugeModeller

Hi all

Found this Video on YouTube, not N-Gauge but well worth a look, especially how he blends live action backscenes with videos of his model railway layout.

Spoilt only by the use of foam ballast but gives a very realistic view, there is also a video showing how he makes his video composition.

You probably already know his channel but it was new to me.

https://youtu.be/uCiF9EEvB1I
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

ntpntpntp

Yeah seems a shame to go to all that effort with nicely weathered stock etc and then glaringly obvious foam ballast.

Cleverly done videos though.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 08, 2020, 03:16:21 PM
Yeah seems a shame to go to all that effort with nicely weathered stock etc and then glaringly obvious foam ballast.

Cleverly done videos though.

One of my regular Sunday morning watches :thumbsup:

ISTR he uses the combination of foam underlay and loose chippings so he can easily access/service everything from above baseboard level.  Some of us are too old for crawling around on the floor ;)

N_GaugeModeller

I did notice in the video showing how he does his videos that point control was all hand of god

Mind you my first serious layout ended up like that, it was supposed to be all tortoise controlled but by the time it was all ready for the motors to be fitted I had bu@@erd be back so couldn't get underneath to fit them, so that's how it stayed till I moved house and left the layout behind as it wasn't built to be removed and the new owner was happy for it to stay.

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations