Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croxy

Quote from: newportnobby on November 11, 2013, 11:17:55 AM
Nice little collection you have there, Croxy :thumbsup:
What's encouraging to me is the comparison between the old GF pannier and the Dapol one in that dimensionally they seem very close (I have 2 x GF old ones)
No doubt someone will now shoot me down in flames :worried:

Yes size wise they are similar....the detail on the Dapol is excellent...me being me I had to take the cab off to have a look at where the chip will go.....notice in the photo that I didn't get the grab rail back in place. I see the purchase of a magnifying glass in my future!!!

:whistle:

:thankyousign:

:Class37:
If you like it run it......

mr bachmann

Quote from: philwhite on November 09, 2013, 02:15:44 PM
A few new purchases for me courtesy of eBay, all North American switchers which I love.

Bachmann S4 - Run's great and has dual DC/DCC as standard, oddly both the front and rear lights remain on when running, initially I suspected a defect but looking into it this is normal.

the front and rear lights re-main on in Yanky yards whilst switching , the direction of travel becomes brightest - not forgetting the bell - now that must be annoying for the crew  :greatpicturessign:

alan
Arnold S2 - Basically Arnolds interpretation of the above realised in the late 80's, nowhere near as refined but quite nicely detailed especially the cab. Annoyingly this model is plagued with a split gear problem and my example is no different, although it runs very well there is an audible click from the bogies, there are several methods to fix this so watch this space.

Atlas RS-1 - Another great model from Atlas which runs as well as any of their models.

Ollie3440

Evening all!

She's arrived at last :D After having her on order for a fair number of years 46521 has finally arrived on Sheaf (Albeit a day later than planned due to the wonderful people at Yodel  :veryangry:)

A good run in, chip fitted and she is ready for Retford this weekend (Just awaiting a crew/cab doors).

Also arrived this week is a MK1 Suburban Brake. Seen here with Blossom.

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Luvverly - Just got to get one!

My challenge is convincing Significant Other that it's an essential purchase.  I  already have 15 kettles + 3 on pre-order and all for a (currently) in store 72x30 board!

:help:

Dave G

Bealman

daveg

Quote from: Bealman on November 13, 2013, 08:53:09 AM
You people are mad! PREORDER?!!!

I wish!!  :laugh3:

Yup! :bounce:

Want to see my Certificate?  :nerner:

Dave G

Bealman

This is it, yeah? The certificate....?
[smg id=8137 type=preview align=center width=400]
Says at the bottom that it does not affect the soundness.... ;D

George

MinZaPint

Oh dear! I've had a rule 1 moment, I'm fascinated by the movement of the valve gear on steamers and as there's currently no RTR Southern or GWR with this when I saw Dapol's announcement of "Mallard" one of my favourite locos I succumbed  :-[

Now how am I going to explain this on the MSCR (My South Coast Railway) and I'll just have to get a set of teaks to go with it, perhaps I can keep it secret?  :no: oh well!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

daveg

Bealman

johnlambert

I know we've had a few of these but I don't think I've seen a weathered one yet.

LMS BG in weathered crimson (374-887).

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: johnlambert on November 17, 2013, 01:20:33 PM
I know we've had a few of these but I don't think I've seen a weathered one yet.

Very nice , is it BR(M) ie an ex LMS one ? as it seems to be numbered MxxxxM. Just if it is I want one!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

johnlambert

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on November 17, 2013, 03:44:52 PM
Quote from: johnlambert on November 17, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Very nice , is it BR(M) ie an ex LMS one ? as it seems to be numbered MxxxxM. Just if it is I want one!

Yes, it is.  The number is M 31413 M

Bealman

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations