Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVE44 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

SymonC

Graham Farish by Bachmann weathered B1 on my layout.

scotsoft

Quote from: SymonC on April 12, 2013, 01:31:49 PM
Graham Farish by Bachmann weathered B1 on my layout.

That is a very good looking scene you have photographed  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

MinZaPint

My Pullman rake from right to left Car334, Falcon, THE HADRIAN BAR, Garnet, Car 350 & NGS Stove R.

Just needs Dapol's forthcoming West Country to pull them!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Paddy

Quote from: MinZaPint on April 12, 2013, 02:24:37 PM
My Pullman rake from right to left Car334, Falcon, THE HADRIAN BAR, Garnet, Car 350 & NGS Stove R.

Just needs Dapol's forthcoming West Country to pull them!

They look very nice MinzaPint.  What brake coach are you using at the other end?

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

scotsoft

I won this earlier this week and it arrived this morning.  The seller said they had no idea if it worked or not so being the reckless fool that I am, I placed a bid and won.  It runs very well in either direction although at slower speeds it sounds a bit rough so it may require a clean and gentle oiling, it also needs one coupling replaced.

This is my third Class 08, I seem to have a liking for them so don't be surprised if one turns up one day in Union Pacific livery  :goggleeyes:

cheers John.

portland-docks

my northern class 53s departed the moorside railway today, being sent to crewe in a trade for something abit more vintage...by vintage i mean...

a regional railways class 156 :D haha

bargain of £40 after trading the two 153s in, now all i have to do is try sell my dynamis, the more money i get for that then the more money i get off the flying scotsman dapol set! iv currently knocked it down to £260, so hopefully flog my 2 track controller and dynamis to make it toaround £100 :)
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

johnlambert

Nice unit Portland, is that by Dapol?

Hope your experience with Flying Scotsman is better than mine...

portland-docks

My flying scotsman runs a treat now, love it

And yeh the 156 is a dapol, one of the few modern trains i do like
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

johnlambert

Thought I'd share some more of my collection, not new but I've not posted them before.

Graham Farish Warship

Graham Farish Hall - currently a non-runner although I can't work out why - with Dapol Siphon and some older Farish Mk1s.

Graham Farish Hall (as above) and Castle

Ixon Manor was being sold off cheaply by Dapol at Warley last year, couldn't believe my luck as I'd wanted one for a while.

Farish 4CEP between Dapol 122 and Pannier.  The Class 411 doesn't fit my ex-GWR layout plans but brings back memories of watching the trains go by from my bedroom window and trips to Strood station.

Dapol Gresley coaches in teak, coupled to my LNER livery B1.  Another nostalgia purchase, not for the real thing but memories of playing with my best friend's train set, which included a green LNER loco and two teak coaches.

I love the Gresley coaches to the point where I've got them in Carmine/Cream and Maroon too.

The B1 (by Dapol) in more detail, the consensus on here seems to be that the Farish version is better but this was another cheapie that I couldn't resist at the price.

A sample of my BR Mk1 Coaches

More humble stuff, a Farish 94xx Pannier.  I think I made one good one out of a couple of second hand ones and was able to sell the other as spares or repair on ebay.  The wagon is a Peco kit, the first of many I built, and the brake van was a new Bachman/Farish item.

I had a go at weathering the Pannier

Another weathering job; the tender on my Graham Farish crab was in a bad way when I bought it so I picked up a new tender top and weathered the old one.  Gives me the choice of running the loco either looking new or looking more neglected. (plus DP1 in the background).

Luke Piewalker

Happy Birthday to me etc. etc.

My first new N gauge purchase for about 20 years, it would appear you now get bits to fit yourself  :hmmm:
Managed to get the dangly couplings and hoses fitted, only managed three out of 8 of the little sockets  :-[ ...

GraFar Three Car 101 Blue/Grey

[smg id=4721 type=preview align=center caption="101"]

Bealman

johnlambert: Like the shot of the Warship. I've got one of those and it's the pride of the fleet at the moment.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

trainsdownunder

Won these last week on eBay.au (£32 ish).

Produced as part of a range by Athearn back in 2005 - no longer available. Excellent quality and finish. If anybody ever comes across anymore or others
from the series please let me know. Full range at http://www.athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=Overton+Set&CatID=TNRP

[smg id=4754]

[smg id=4752]

longbridge

Pretty as a picture Colin, great buy at a great price  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

scotsoft

I am as jealous as anything Colin, they are so good looking  :thumbsup:

I posted a couple of videos showing off surviving rolling stock here, I am sure you will enjoy watching them:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=13283.msg133914#msg133914

cheers John.

Phil Hendry

Not actually N Gauge, but it's my latest purchase...

Everything except my new airbrush has arrived now.  I tried the new compressor with my old, knackered, airbrush, yesterday evening.  It's a big improvement.  It's much quieter, much more controllable and is quite a lot smaller, so it takes up less space under my workbench.  The only downside is that it takes a bit longer to get up to working pressure than the old one - but once it gets there it has an automatic shut off, and only starts up again once the pressure drops below a certain level.

Had an email late last night to sat that my new airibrush has now been dispatched, so hoping that'll arrive in time for me to play over the weekend.

And a mate wants my old compressor (which is in really good nick, and just needs a new home), so it's all good.

Later...

Look what the postie delivered, five minutes ago - YIPPEE!!!!

I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations