Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Your efforts have certainly paid off as they look very good  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

daveg

Quote from: scotsoft on March 07, 2013, 06:33:55 PM
Quote from: daveg on March 07, 2013, 06:20:41 PM
Nothing!  :worried:

Decorating instead. If I ever get my hands on who stuck those polystyrene tiles on the ceiling ........:veryangry2:

Dave G

Look on the bright side, with all those bits of tiles you could do a mountain range  ::)  :D

Cheers Jogn,

3 black bags full of the  :-X stuff. I've now got Scraper's Elbow and a crick in me neck. Gimme ballasting any day. Grrrrr!

Dave G

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on March 07, 2013, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on March 07, 2013, 03:35:28 AM
Scattering . . . , err, scatter! :D

Paul

Did you plough the fields beforehand? :-X

Just seen this :laugh:

Many moons ago when I worked in a gun factory (back in the days when things were MADE in this country ::) ) I was working near the centre of the shop floor where large drums of soluble-oil coolant were located. People would come along to fill their plastic containers to take back to their machine, but would get bored waiting and wander over to the nearby food/tea machines or get chatting to someone nearby, inevitably getting distracted until a rapidly spreading lake of overflowing coolant grabbed their attention! :D Now came the embarrassing task of throwing out handfuls of Spill Dry granules to soak up the mess, accompanied by a rousing rendition of "We plough the fields and scatter . . . " from everyone in the vicinity!!  ;D

Paul

petercharlesfagg

I have just constructed my first bridge ever!  A Faller steel girder bridge, cannot remember the number!

No picture yet!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

scotsoft

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 08, 2013, 06:02:56 PM
I have just constructed my first bridge ever!  A Faller steel girder bridge, cannot remember the number!

No picture yet!

Regards Peter.

Congratulations Peter an achievement indeed, I await with baited breath for it's pictorial debut  ;)

cheers John.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: scotsoft on March 08, 2013, 06:26:35 PM
Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 08, 2013, 06:02:56 PM

No picture yet!

Regards Peter.

Congratulations Peter an achievement indeed, I await with baited breath for it's pictorial debut  ;)

cheers John.

John,
This is the bridge image but I have only made a single track single span with ends.

It will be stored until I have constructed the below baseboard cradle for the removable tracks.

I just needed to do something constructive with the layout!

Regards Peter.

Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

MinZaPint

Ah could have been the "Bridge over troubled waters" then!!  :laugh3:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Oldman

Accidently superglueing my fingers together. :scowl:
Giving up trying the old Z gauge stuff and trying to do some of the N gauge stuff from the put away for a rainy day type stuff box.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Neonoodle

Today im going to try and plan a 5' x 3' layout or a possible 6' x 3' one as i wanna get building my layout but my life keeps changing :(

deepeg59

Making a roof for the open to the elements house in the first pic of my layout in the 'under construction' section.

Sprintex

Waiting for glue to dry . . .  :sleep:

Is it my imagination or does this hobby involve more waiting time for glue to dry than actually doing something??! :D

Paul

Caz

Quote from: Sprintex on March 17, 2013, 03:30:53 PM

Is it my imagination or does this hobby involve more waiting time for glue to dry than actually doing something??! :D

Paul

That's the trouble with you guys, you can only do one thing at a time (or is it just an excuse to sit and dream?), I often have 3 or 4 things on the go at once so while the glue or paint is drying I get on with one of the others.   :P
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Farmer chap

Adding more lights to buildings which always involves hours attaching wires sitting under the layout and avoiding hot soldering iron!

Ian.

Sprintex

Quote from: whiteswan on March 17, 2013, 03:35:05 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on March 17, 2013, 03:30:53 PM

Paul

That's the trouble with you guys, you can only do one thing at a time (or is it just an excuse to sit and dream?), I often have 3 or 4 things on the go at once so while the glue or paint is drying I get on with one of the others.   :P
One thing at a time?  :jawdropping:

So far today I've done loads of grass-scattering in three separate areas with three different blends of flock, while waiting for the glue to dry I then added some more weight to my 24 PGA hoppers, while waiting for THAT glue to dry I've printed out some brick sheet for a particular purpose, inbetween I've changed my phone over for Clare's old one as mine is being sent away for repair, AND I've made a start on the dinner. Oh, and while waiting for said glue to dry we've done two lots of washing and hung it up between us!

So don't tell me I can't multitask!  :nerner:

Paul

Caz

I'm well impressed Paul, sorry for doubting you.   :admiration:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31