dannyboy is back

Started by dannyboy, July 30, 2023, 04:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Well, after my self imposed break from the Forum, I can happily say "I'm back". I enjoyed my week in England and, on train related topics, I visited Southend Pier and rode on the train, which was different. I also went to Mangaps Museum, where they have some very interesting exhibits. I also got to ride on their little railway, the carriage being pulled by a Class 03. The driver let me have a look round the cab - very basic controls! The place is worth a visit if anybody is in the area. My final train related experience, after the ride on the Underground, was the journey from Kings Cross to Leeds behind an Azuma. Some members have complained about the 'comfortableness' of the seats - I agree, definitely not the most comfortable of seats!

Anyways, I will have to spend some time catching up with topics and how the forum is now working, but normal service will resume shortly, (cue groans from the audience....  :)) .
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

Good to see David back. Chris

Papyrus

Oh. Have you been away then?  :D

You haven't missed much...

Cheers,

Chris

PLD

Has anyone mentioned the new quality threshold on Posts in the Jokes section and need for pre-approval  ;) 

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on July 30, 2023, 04:09:14 PMMy final train related experience, after the ride on the Underground, was the journey from Kings Cross to Leeds behind an Azuma. Some members have complained about the 'comfortableness' of the seats - I agree, definitely not the most comfortable of seats!

Comfortable they ain't :no:  I ended up with painful 'ManGaps'  :ouch:

Tank

dannyboy

Following my week in England, I thought I would post a few photographs. This post shows three taken on Southend Pier.

The current trains

The old train

This one shows the length of the pier

David.

Newportnobby

Just as well they have those trains as there's no way I could walk/swim that far :no:

dannyboy

It is only 1.33 miles Mick - and yes, I did take the train both ways!  :)
David.

dannyboy

Whilst over in England, I visited the 'Mangapps Railway Museum' and took a load of photographs, so here they all are ............. only joking  :) . I will post some of the photo's over the next few days, but as a starter, here are some of the many signs that are in the museum -

And I had to take this one -

David.

dannyboy

More photographs from 'Mangapps'. These three show the old Halesworth Signal Box, which was built in 1882 and subsequently restored.

David.

Papyrus

Well, my gast is well and truly flabbered! Despite coming from East Anglia, BBB (Best Bit of Britain), to my eternal shame I have never heard of Mangapps Railway Museum. It looks fascinating. I would love to pay a visit but Lord knows when that will be - Burnham-on-Crouch isn't exactly on the way to anywhere. Thank you for posting, David; today is definitely one of those days when you learn something useful.

:toot:  :toot:

Cheers,

Chris

Browning 9mm

oh dear......

East Anglia, BBB (Best Bit of Britain)

everyone knows that in the beginning, God created DEVON,
he then created Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset, to stop the sea from washing away the coast to the west and east
and to give people somewhere to come from to buy Devon cream teas,

later he created the rest of the UK to make places from which tourists could go to Devon,
via Gods Wonderful Railway.

IIRC, Est Anglia was added as he had som flat bits left over  >:D

coffee pods - tick
jaffa cakes - tick

Papyrus

No, no, no. As any fule kno, God polished the Fens to a perfect smoothness. He had a bit of sandpaper left over, enough to do the Somerset Levels, but the rest of the country he had to leave rough and lumpy. (This could turn dirty...)

I feel we've wandered a bit  :offtopicsign: .

Cheers,

Chris

Browning 9mm

I feel we've wandered a bit

possibly where he didn't get it perfectly flat  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £75.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
75%