Solvaset Decal Solution

Started by middlefour, July 12, 2023, 02:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

middlefour

Hi, does anybody know anyone who still stocks Solvaset decal setting solution? I know there is Micro Sol but I have always got on well with Solvaset but it seems to be no longer available?

Thanks

Steve
Steve

ntpntpntp

I see posts on other forums going back to 2015 bemoaning the unavailability of Solvaset in the UK.

I've always used the Microscale potions - MicroSet, MicroSol, Liquid Film etc. and found they do the job nicely.  My bottles are so old (almost 20 years) the caps cracked and split some time ago, so I ended up buying some small bottles from Amazon and transferring the contents to those.  The new bottles even fitted exactly into the original plastic containers after cutting off the tops :) 

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

middlefour

Thats what I suspected, Micro sol it is then. Thanks
Steve

emjaybee

Quote from: middlefour on July 22, 2023, 10:01:25 AMThats what I suspected, Micro sol it is then. Thanks

I use Humbrol Decalset as well as the MicroSol stuff. Not all decals are Microsol friendly, so it pays to have alternatives.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

middlefour

Quote from: emjaybee on July 22, 2023, 11:04:23 AM
Quote from: middlefour on July 22, 2023, 10:01:25 AMThats what I suspected, Micro sol it is then. Thanks

I use Humbrol Decalset as well as the MicroSol stuff. Not all decals are Microsol friendly, so it pays to have alternatives.

Thanks, will get some of that as well, well prepared then.
Steve

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Below Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
95% 
July Donations