An Eventful Christmas at Trevelver Castle

Started by Chris in Prague, December 28, 2023, 08:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chris in Prague

Quote from: dannyboy on Today at 10:55:38 AMWhat a playlist! And I remember doing the twist at the 'Mecca' in Bradford a 'few' years ago - I think I would struggle just to walk on to the dance floor now.  :)

Glad you like it, David. My disco dancing was always more about enthusiasm rather than style. I can post more of Susan's playlist. I was a DJ just before, during, and after I was a student. I then used to make up party cassettes for friends' parties. Now I compile MP3 collections for university faculty parties twice a year. (Once also, with the Student Council, for an event welcoming new students. That meant collecting a lot of CDs for specific tracks the SC President wanted and I did not have!)

Chris in Prague

"Go on, Susan", pleaded Enka. "What more songs have we got to look forward to?"

"Well, seeing as it's you that's asking, Enka", Susan smiled, "still to come and all released before December 1962 are 'At the Hop' by Danny & the Juniors from 1957, a lively rock and roll tune with catchy lyrics and a danceable beat, at around 160 BPM. From the following year, 'Yakety Yak' by The Coasters, a fun and humorous song with a catchy saxophone riff and upbeat tempo, though a bit slower at about 120 BPM. Then, upping the tempo again to 160 BPM, 'Rockin' Robin' by Bobby Day, also from 1958, an infectious rock and roll tune with a catchy chorus and upbeat rhythm. Taking it down again, but this time to a BPM of about 130, I have 'Runaround Sue' by Dion from last year, a classic doo-wop tune with catchy lyrics and a memorable melody. Also, from this year and taking the tempo down a little more to a BPM of around 125, I have 'Johnny Angel' by Shelley Fabares, a sweet and romantic pop song with a catchy chorus and heartfelt lyrics. Then, much faster, with a BPM of 170, from last year, there's 'Peppermint Twist' by Joey Dee and the Starliters, a lively twist song with a catchy melody and energetic rhythm. After such a fast-tempo number, I'm slowing the tempo down just a little with another one of this year's hits, 'Palisades Park' by Freddy Cannon, with a BPM of approximately 150, an upbeat rock and roll tune with a catchy chorus and infectious energy. Then, returning to last year and just a little slower at 145 BPM, there's 'The Wanderer' by Dion, a rock and roll anthem with a driving beat and catchy lyrics, before returning to a BPM of 150, and a hit from 1958, 'Do You Want to Dance' by Bobby Freeman, a classic dance tune with a lively rhythm and infectious energy."

"Another wonderful selection, Susan", Enka remarked. "With their varied BPMs, these songs will certainly provide a dynamic and engaging soundtrack for the guests, ensuring that there's something for everyone to enjoy on the dance floor. They fit perfectly with the lively atmosphere after my concert."

"Thank you, Enka", Susan replied. "I can tell you that, in the future, these songs will transport everyone back to the early 1960s for a night of fun and dancing."

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £103.45
Above Goal: £3.45
Site Currency: GBP
103% 
February Donations