what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

GroupC

To actually answer the original question, Gretel Hänlyn.

Moonglum

Martin @port perran , very nice from Koop, a little bit like Caro Emerald.

Mick, @Newportnobby , well I was really expecting to hear a monstrous riff coming in but it didn't!

Great to hear some acts that are new to me, thank you both.

Tim

Moonglum

That's more like it Mick - nice but not too sure about slightly growly vocals!

Cheers,

Tim

GroupC

port perran

Quote from: Moonglum on October 26, 2023, 09:51:05 AMThat's more like it Mick - nice but not too sure about slightly growly vocals!

Cheers,

Tim
Not really for me I'm afraid
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

crewearpley40

Moonglum

@GroupC - both not really my thing I am afraid but thanks for posting. You never know what might pop up on this forum!

Cheers,

Tim

port perran

Quote from: Moonglum on October 25, 2023, 07:53:00 PMMartin @port perran , very nice from Koop, a little bit like Caro Emerald.

Mick, @Newportnobby , well I was really expecting to hear a monstrous riff coming in but it didn't!

Great to hear some acts that are new to me, thank you both.

Tim
Hi Tim
I didn't recognise the name Caro Emerald but when I listened in I realised that I recognise a few songs. Good stuff.
Cheers
Martin

port perran

Quote from: GroupC on October 26, 2023, 10:36:22 AMBand called Spangled.
New to me but I'm always up for listening to new stuff.
I've just listened to a few tracks.
It's ok but not really my think.
Cheers
Martin

port perran

A band that are still around but hail from the early 1970s.
If you like smooth, laid back afro beat music this might just be for you.
I really, really like this but can appreciate that it certainly won't be to everyone's taste :

https://youtu.be/YcL8SvyKtE4?si=R0-vw3ycya4nNGDY

Moonglum

Very tasty indeed, Cymande must have gone under my radar from way back then. Thanks for posting Martin @port perran . Somewhere in there is a bit of Roy Budd's "Get Carter"

And now for something completely different, I listened to this last night. Dim the lights and light a joss stick if you have 23 minutes to spare! The band I have seen live most times... not so good now I am afraid but still going.

https://youtu.be/_Sls_QCMG2Y?si=FgN6W0YFSxEfoD0w

Cheers,

Tim

port perran

Quote from: Moonglum on October 26, 2023, 04:30:42 PMVery tasty indeed, Cymande must have gone under my radar from way back then. Thanks for posting Martin @port perran . Somewhere in there is a bit of Roy Budd's "Get Carter"

And now for something completely different, I listened to this last night. Dim the lights and light a joss stick if you have 23 minutes to spare! The band I have seen live most times... not so good now I am afraid but still going.

Cheers,

Tim

Ah....I wondered what was coming but I didn't even need to listen to Nine Feet Underground.
Caravan were part of the legendary "Canterbury Sound". I probably saw them three times. They were quite superb and Nine Feet Underground is, to my mind, a masterpiece.
I first heard it on the John Peel Show in probably 1971 (aged 17) and I was hooked.
Wonderful music but I agree, not so good now.
Cheers
Martin

port perran

Quote from: Moonglum on October 26, 2023, 04:30:42 PMVery tasty indeed, Cymande must have gone under my radar from way back then. Thanks for posting Martin @port perran . Somewhere in there is a bit of Roy Budd's "Get Carter"

Cheers,

Tim

I know nothing of Roy Budd but just having a listen. I see what you mean.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £103.45
Above Goal: £3.45
Site Currency: GBP
103% 
February Donations