My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately, that's exactly what has happened. I was in rehab learning to get around on my knee scooter when things started going backwards.

Things turned slightly pear-shaped last week as the wound had become infected. I was moved back to the big hospital and underwent further surgery last Friday. The infection turned out to be pretty bad, and after having had it all cleaned out, I've been on iv antibiotics since.

News a bit better this morning as an inspection of wound suggests the treatment is working, but I'm off to theatre again on Wednesday for another internal inspection.

At least I'm spending a fair amount of time on the forum!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

Hi George

Good to hear that you are moving forward again after what sounds like a very disappointing and scary setback. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you for the Wednesday results. I'll have another beer or two on your behalf this afternoon.  :beers:

Webbo

railsquid

All tentacles crossed (until I need them again) wishing you a speedy recovery  :beers:

Back on topic ;) my bus stop user experience has been considerably improved by the realisation that I can get real-time info about where the bus is on my smartphone, which is important for the one route which does not originate at my local bus stop, as it doesn't have a service information display and the nominal 6 buses an hour service can result into a 25 minute wait if one is unlucky due to traffic and the uneven intervals between buses, which means I have traditionally avoided that route

Bealman

Unlike my present situation, that's pretty cool!  :thumbsup:

weave

Hi George,

Sounds horrible but glad it's getting better.

Good luck on Wednesday. I had an accident in 2005 where my foot twisted completely backwards and was in hospital for 3 months as there were a few problems too but got there in the end.

On the plus side, it gave my liver a well deserved rest and when I came out, everyone in the pub said that they'd never seen anyone come out of Hospital looking so well.

I found out about 6 months later that my mother, knowing me well, had gone to the pub while I was in the hospital to say 'when you visit him, he's going to ask you to smuggle beers in so I'm begging you, for an old lady and loving mother, please don't'. I did ask them all and they never did. At the time I thought it was bang out of order  :veryangry: but bless 'em.

I'm probably not helping much but just to say you'll be fine.

Take care, get well and you'll be 'bowling' in the bar before you know it.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

What a nice post, weave. Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Posts like that cheer me up and are much appreciated when I'm lying here feeling sorry for myself.

Cheers!  :beers:

Actually when I was in rehab last week, Mrs Bealman was smuggling in the odd beer for me, but now I'm on strong i/v antibiotics, I have elected to put a hold on that!

Thanks once again,

George  :beers:

dannyboy

I hope things continue to improve for you George and you can soon get back to 'your' bus stop.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Cheers, David!  :thumbsup:

I very much appreciate it, I assure you.  :beers:

All the best,

George

Newportnobby

Quote from: Webbo on February 11, 2019, 02:12:21 AM
I'll have another beer or two on your behalf this afternoon.  :beers:

Webbo

Someone has to, Webbo. It seems the profits of the Victoria Bitter brewery have plummeted and they're on short time working without George in circulation ;D

Bealman

Ha bloody Ha. No doubt the last bus service past this stop will have been cancelled too  :D

Mito

Our local hospital gives free infections with operations too. Think of no beer as an investment, all the locos you can get from the money saved. :). How's the motorised wheelchair coming on? It could be converted to run on alcohol too. :beers:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

That's one way of looking at it, I guess!  :beers:

dannyboy

Quote from: Mito on February 11, 2019, 08:27:28 PM
How's the motorised wheelchair coming on? It could be converted to run on alcohol too.

And with the correct gauge, it could be converted to run on rails too! (Trying to imagine George going up and down the ward in the chair going "Choo choo").  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

Sorry I'm late to note you have had a health problem George. My very best wishes for recovery. :thumbsup:

Am sending copious sheets of cardboard and blue gaffer tape instead of grapes. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations