what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran, Moonglum and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Newportnobby

Not at all, Roger. :no:
I am a huge admirer of Wagner and find his music really stirs up the emotions.
Try Richard Strauss's "Tod und Verklarung" (Death & Transfiguration) and see whether you find it very Wagnerish.
@rogerdB

rogerdB

Quote from: newportnobby on October 12, 2017, 10:33:55 AM
Not at all, Roger. :no:
I am a huge admirer of Wagner and find his music really stirs up the emotions.
Try Richard Strauss's "Tod und Verklarung" (Death & Transfiguration) and see whether you find it very Wagnerish.
@rogerdB
Pleased to hear I'm not the only one! I've been listening to the Ring 3 or 4 times a year for about 45 years so I'm starting to get to know it! Yes, the Strauss is quite Wagnerish, I've got most of his orchestral music and some of the operas in my collection. Act 2 of Walkure this evening...

Malc

Mick Ronson. One of the best, IMHO. Sadly missed.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Malc

Last night I held Aladdin's lamp....great lyrics from John Kay.

Thanks to Mick for the reminder. One of my favourite bands from the 60's.

joe cassidy

"Lola versus Powerman and the Moneygoround Part One" by the Kinks (1970).

For me the Kinks were better than the Beatles and the Stones - they had better lyrics and a sense of humour.

Best regards,

Joe

Dalek

24/7/365 tinnitus

I'd like to thank for Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister    :claphappy: :thumbsup:

Craig

Tank

Newportnobby

Ernie's ghostly Gold Tops a-rattling in their crates Ophelia trying to blow my fence panels out. So far so good, but they sure are rattling in the concrete posts. Only another 10 hours or so to go :uneasy:
Stay safe, all.

port perran

It's been pretty windy here since 4-00am. Nothing more than a normal Winter storm though I gather it's worse further North.
Stay safe everyone.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

GroupC

Fugazi, "Guilford Fall" from the "Instrument" album. The version with lyrics starts with the line "Down at the Station" which is appropriate but it's not about trains. (I don't know what it is about).

Supersuckers at the tiny Community Room at the Leeds Brudenell (capacity c. 100?) were awesome by the way: 3 blokes making a heck of a racket with a minimum of equipment (no spare guitars, a couple of FX pedals, a few Marshalls and that's about the lot). The not-an-encore but still final song "Born With a Tail" was particularly good as Eddie Spaghetti held his bass out for a few of us lucky ones at the front to pluck a bit, which was fun if tuneless. Handshakes with Eddie and Marty the guitarist mid-gig too! They always seem to enjoy their gigs.

This is a live version from a few years back with poor sound but the manic dancers are quite, err, watchable, and very un-Supersuckers. My fave is the one in the grey boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ec9z29kyig

GroupC

Just found this picture posted by Eddie Spaghetti of the amazing Supersuckers which he took from the stage at the aforementioned (by me) Brudenell gig.

I'M ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom right hand side: 2nd row, with my middle left finger pointing horizontally.

This photo may not be 100% suitable for under 18-s (not because I'm on it but because of the gestures). Can I post it? Guess the link will be removed by the mods if not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaURAFynprU/

As Eddie says, Leeds did indeed show up!

tutenkhamunsleeping

Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain 8)

Malc

A wee bit of Walter Trout. A blues classic.

Newportnobby

Another of my favourite live albums with Mr. Anderson extracting the wee from all and sundry........

Malc

Still listen to Thick as a Brick and Aqualung.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations