The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: StufromEGDL on June 05, 2012, 12:32:57 PM
Bit like Dapol locos then....

Well like cars you can always re-engine them or soup them up 8)

Alan (having finished explaining that it's not an obscene doodle on the coach drawing its a lamp bracket)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Joe 90

Quote from: 4x2 on June 05, 2012, 02:09:07 PM
When your car dies, take it anywhere EXCEPT the main dealer !!!!

They will empty your wallet faster than the Tax man !

I totally agree with that last statement but I did take my poorly Mondeo to an independent garage and they just said it would still cost more to repair than the car was worth.
So shank's pony and buses were my mode of transport for a while.

What I did notice though was I seemed to have a few more bob left in my pocket at the end of the month. :)

4x2

I personally would have taken it elsewhere... A second hand engine would cost about £500, buget say another £200 in bits n bobs and most smaller garages would happily do an engine swap for £1000 - that's well under half of what your original quote was.

Sounds like the main dealer didn't want the work so quoted you silly money - even if you factor in the cost of a new engine, that's still harsh !

Oh well, Hope you have more success with your next car - if you need advice in the future, i'll be happy to help where i can !  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

1936ace

Got back to work after my four days off to find the clowns in it have filtered the n gauge forum from our pc's. What am I supposed to do at work now!
Bart

Trainfish

Nothing, just give up work  ;)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

scotsoft

Quote from: 1936ace on June 10, 2012, 01:01:13 PM
Got back to work after my four days off to find the clowns in it have filtered the n gauge forum from our pc's. What am I supposed to do at work now!
Bart

A couple of suggestions  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Angry with myself really 'cos I am having a mental block about how to go about my baseboards. I know what I want to achieve but my head is reeling with conflicting ways of going about it ::) to the effect I have stopped to clear down and think again. (Outer loops on a higher level, and minimum clearance for the inner loop to pass underneath it)
I have to get this right before I take up the jigsaw I've only used twice in the last 2 years and convert Sundeala/wood frame to sawdust.

Am also miffed I have missed out on 12 x Freightliners wagons on Fleabay, but I'm not going higher than my bid and hope I've not been in competition with someone from the forum :(

longbridge

Hi Mike, a couple of nice Aussie Bundaberg Rums and a nice lay down should do the trick.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

jonclox

::) Fuming at the NHS whose left hand hasn`t a clue as to what the right hands doing and even when they do sort what 1+1 =2 refuse to tell the suspect patient what they have in store for him/her  >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Joe 90

Hi Jonclox

I know exactly how you feel.
Up until last year I had been looking after my ailing father who had a couple of things wrong with him. Once we got past the GPs and to a consultant who happened to be, in my opinion, a proper doctor only then did things start to happen as they should do.
Getting past the GPs was our problem who, again in my own opinion, do not have a clue as to what they are doing. Even when you tell them what the problem is they just ignore you, saying it can't be that until days/weeks later they eventually find out it is that. By which time the problem has compounded.

Anyway.........I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the debacle of the football last night. If I was a manager of one or two of these mediocre players being paid superman type wages they would be in my office forthwith with regard to getting the club's money back. Absolute disgrace!!

Newportnobby

Ah Joe,
You have opened Pandora's box, taken out a can of worms and thrown it in a hornet's nest as far as footie is concerned. It tends to be one of the subjects that gets very emotive and heated so we try to avoid it wherever possible.

As to the medical bit - totally agree with you. My Mum has suffered horrendously at the hands of her GP who seems to think it's no problem to change her meds (presumably for something cheaper) and to hell with what it does to her. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Grrrr.

Sprintex

Quote from: Joe 90 on June 25, 2012, 05:23:35 PM
.I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the debacle of the football last night. If I was a manager of one or two of these mediocre players being paid superman type wages they would be in my office forthwith with regard to getting the club's money back. Absolute disgrace!!

Quote from: newportnobby on June 25, 2012, 05:44:15 PM
Ah Joe,
You have opened Pandora's box, taken out a can of worms and thrown it in a hornet's nest as far as footie is concerned. It tends to be one of the subjects that gets very emotive and heated so we try to avoid it wherever possible.

Precisely  :thumbsup:

Reason everyone's avoiding it is the half of the forum that's into football is too depressed to talk about it, and the other half are just glad we don't have to hear about it any more!  :smiley-laughing:

Paul

Jack

Quote from: Sprintex on June 25, 2012, 05:50:01 PM
Quote from: Joe 90 on June 25, 2012, 05:23:35 PM
.I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the debacle of the football last night. If I was a manager of one or two of these mediocre players being paid superman type wages they would be in my office forthwith with regard to getting the club's money back. Absolute disgrace!!

Quote from: newportnobby on June 25, 2012, 05:44:15 PM
Ah Joe,

Precisely  :thumbsup:

Reason everyone's avoiding it is the half of the forum that's into football is too depressed to talk about it, and the other half are just glad we don't have to hear about it any more!  :smiley-laughing:

Paul

Anyone for Tennis?  :smiley-laughing:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Sprintex

OwL

Knackered tyres. Kwik fit. £212 worse off :thumbsdown:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations