Trailer Cars for Class 121/122 Bubble Cars (in O gauge!) so why not in N?

Started by Bob G, May 27, 2020, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Heljan have just announced they are producing class 149/150 trailer cars to go with their 121/122 bubble cars in O gauge.
These are hot on the heels of an O gauge class 117 3 car DMU and a 121/122 bubble car (and why not as many of the parts are interchangeable/derivative).

So if this sort of esoteric trailer car only used with bubble cars can be done in O gauge, why can it not be done in N.

So Mr Dapol
Stop milking your dummy 121s/122s as they rarely did run in multiple like you want us to do, particularly in the early years.
Make a 117 using two of your 121/122 chassis and one new trailer chassis.
Then make a 149/150 trailer car for the 121/122 using the trailer chassis.
It is quite straightforward!!!!!

So Mr Bachmann
Stop milking your 101/108 as the only first generation DMUs we are interested in.
Shrink your OO gauge 117.
Then make a 149/150 trailer car for the 121/122. Well maybe not, because you dont make a 121/122 in N.

In O gauge the models I want are being produced. Why not in N?

Grrrrrrrr

Bob

Steven B

Do you really want Farish to produce trailer cars for the Dapol 121/122? The paint colours and detail levels would never match! (I'm not sure Dapol could manage it either given their efforts on the Mk3s)

Much better for Farish to work on a class 104, 110 and 124!

Steven B.

Neil of Teesside

The Class 104 has the greatest scope for regions/period. It also wouldn't be too difficult for GF to produce the Class 105, 107 and 111. Bachmann has already done all or most of the design work already. I'd also like to see the Class 101 TBS.

Bingley Hall

Just goes to show how insignificant N has become - and it's all Dapol and Farish's fault.

Roy L S

Quote from: Bingley Hall on May 29, 2020, 02:50:24 AM
Just goes to show how insignificant N has become - and it's all Dapol and Farish's fault.

Not really, O is a different Market.

There will be a propensity for much shorter trains in O so clearly it is viewed that a trailer for a 121/122 will have an appeal in in that scale, and we are told margins are much more resilient so they can probably get away with a far smaller production batch than would ever be possible in N.

In any case there was a time when I would never have expected a RTR 121/122 in N so maybe better to reflect on what we have now than what we do not?

We have lots to look forward to, from Farish and little to blame either Farsih or Dapol for, they are in business to make money and go where the best returns are.

Anyway as far as Farish are concerned there are Thompson coaches imminent and they fabulous looking 8F due in September, plus other modern models in the pipeline and whio knows what else next.

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations