Ok. What have I done wrong?

Started by port perran, December 13, 2018, 08:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

Hi @Tank ,

I am having the same thing happen as Martin  :confused1:

I am on my laptop, with google chrome as my browser, and there are a few topics that I can't reply to. One is a thread on the "Bargains" section,and the other is as with Martin, the Upgrade topic, which is why I am posting here

The reason I wanted to reply on the upgrade topic is because I am having a little bit of trouble uploading photos.

I took some photos this afternoon, and have just tried uploading them, but although all the photos were taken at the same time, and put on my laptop at the same time, not all are loading onto my gallery.

Some went on fine, some came up "not valid" (as others have reported), and some show the tick that should show the upload is done, but when I go to my gallery, the photo is not there

All very strange  :worried: :worried: :worried:

Anyway, I will put it down to teething troubles, and try again later, or  tomorrow.

All best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

port perran

As I cannot reply to the Server Upgrade tab I'll add this here.
Having uploaded a photo earlier this afternoon, I now find that I'm getting the same problem as others in that I can't now upload new photos. They are showing as invalid type.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tank

The Gallery issues I hope to fix with an upgrade to the software.  Hopefully happening this weekend.

As for the issue with not being able to post in some boards, very odd.  Will need more investigation! :hmmm:

port perran

Quote from: Tank on December 14, 2018, 07:06:06 PM
The Gallery issues I hope to fix with an upgrade to the software.  Hopefully happening this weekend.

As for the issue with not being able to post in some boards, very odd.  Will need more investigation! :hmmm:
Thanks Tank. This must all be very tiresome and time confusing for you (and the ther forum whizzos) but hopefully we'll all get there in the end.
I'd gladly make a financial contribution to the server fund but still cannot see the donations button! 
Hopefully all will be back to normal in due course.

Tank

I aim to please!  :)

Donations can always be sent by email to Contact@NGaugeForum.co.uk  I have used all of the funds so far, and some of my own money, but am still chasing one advertiser for funds.

Thanks!

port perran

Quote from: Tank on December 14, 2018, 07:16:13 PM
I aim to please!  :)

Donations can always be sent by email to Contact@NGaugeForum.co.uk  I have used all of the funds so far, and some of my own money, but am still chasing one advertiser for funds.

Thanks!
Ok.....I have (hopefully) just made a donation.

Tank

You have indeed.  Thank you so much.  I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

port perran

Quote from: Tank on December 14, 2018, 07:30:16 PM
You have indeed.  Thank you so much.  I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:
Thats fine. Could I suggest that if we are running low on funds it might be a good idea to put a message up.
I think that would soon generate some more ncome. You really shouldn't have to use your own money.

Phoenix

Hi again  :wave:

I'm replying here,as I still can't post on the upgrade thread  :confused2:

I tried what @Mito suggested (reducing the size of the picture) and using the link @Dorsetmike put up, I reduced the long side of the rogue photo to 1024 pixels.

This worked  :claphappy: and the photo is in a topic praising the fab service I recieved from Scale Model Scenery.

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43803.msg543565#msg543565

Many thanks Mike and Mito for your help  :thumbsup:  :D  :thumbsup:

All best wishes
Kevin

port perran

Interesting.
The new Gallery Update thread (started today) is one of those for which I cannot see a reply button.
Phoenix- Is it the same for you?

Tank

Hmmmm.....Are there any other new threads from the last couple of days where you can't see a reply button?

I have just used my iPad on the forum and I have reply buttons, so it's not a Safari problem.

daffy

Works fine for me on an IPad too.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Quote from: Tank on December 15, 2018, 03:46:00 PM
Hmmmm.....Are there any other new threads from the last couple of days where you can't see a reply button?

I have just used my iPad on the forum and I have reply buttons, so it's not a Safari problem.
Not that I remember but I'll check.

port perran

Dapol HIA Hoppers thread and Merry Christmas thread have both been started today and I can see all buttons on those two.

Phoenix

Hi Martin,

I just checked the new update thread, and I can see "add bookmark", "mark unread", and "print", but still no "reply" button".

Another topic this happens on is the E bay madness thread.

All best wishes
Kevin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations