Hattons enter n gauge market as manufacturer

Started by NGS-PO, November 19, 2018, 12:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizz

Wrong in so many ways for my South Devon/Cornish layout but just have to own one. I could come up with a reason why it would be working along the sea wall at Teignmouth, going over the Albert Bridge into Cornwall and on to Redruth, but at the end of the day............Rule One rules!  :D
I pre-ordered mine this morning.

exmouthcraig

I dont think hattons have had such publicity on the forum have they?

Most definitely not for me but there's certainly  a few locos that I'd love someone to take on and build.

Keep dreaming............or at least get the layout powered to enable something to run!!

Adam1701D

Hattons are to be congratulated on such an ambitious loco as their first N Gauge project. If should get a lot of "Rule One" sales on the basis of being such a spectaular prototype.

I have dropped Hattons a mail asking if the RHTT can get the shrink-ray treatment. That should be a real seller...
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Bingley Hall

Quote from: Paul-H on November 21, 2018, 12:29:15 PM
Ok so I am obviously not allowed to have an opinion based on my personal experience. I will keep them to myself from now on, just remember without criticism they will never improve their products.

Bye
Would you be the same Paul80 that has been bagging Dapol on the RM Web Garratt thread?

Just wonderin' ?

Dizz

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 21, 2018, 08:35:03 PM
@Dizz
It could bring the housebridge down!!!
Already strengthened in anticipation of DJM Kings running into Cornwall sometime next year  ;) ;)

ntpntpntp

Ah, so they've seen sense and gone for two motors now.  That's got to be better.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

RailGooner

Wasn't at all interested in this. But the CAD work is really selling it to me. :hmmm:

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on July 16, 2019, 04:30:15 PM
Wasn't at all interested in this. But the CAD work is really selling it to me. :hmmm:

The Beyer-Garrett is just awesome, I'm down for one already. One motor would do me, but then I'm never going to have room to drag 40+ mineral wagons, or even HAVE 40+ mineral wagons. There's no way I'm missing out on this one.

Some of the connoisseurs amongst us like @Newportnobby will probably have a couple, y'know, one parked strategically behind the breakdown crane as another slowly hauls a large rake in front of it.

;)
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

RailGooner

Several decades too early for me. Normally. But. Rule #1! :D

Bob G

Wonder if I could invoke these being used on the Fawley oil trains instead of the 9Fs that were at Eastleigh? The Dapol 9F doesn't cope with 20 class B tanks.
Bob

crewearpley40

Bob. July two years ago mr devereaux wrote the fawley finale article in railway magazine. Google fawley oil steam trains its there. Click the link . It gives history plus suitable locos and barrier wagons.

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on July 16, 2019, 04:37:49 PM

Some of the connoisseurs amongst us like @Newportnobby will probably have a couple, y'know, one parked strategically behind the breakdown crane as another slowly hauls a large rake in front of it.

;)

You've got your work cut out selling this model to me. I've no intention of buying one :no:

RailGooner

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 16, 2019, 09:19:38 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on July 16, 2019, 04:37:49 PM

;)

You've got your work cut out selling this model to me. I've no intention of buying one :no:

Nobody has suggested you'll be buying one! :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations