Hattons enter n gauge market as manufacturer

Started by NGS-PO, November 19, 2018, 12:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

I've read it on facebook....
but starting with another most simple model...wasn't a good idea?(IMHO)

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

RailGooner

Never likely to make it onto my wishlist, but I applaud Hattons for this announcement. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: marco neri on November 19, 2018, 01:51:50 PM
I've read it on facebook....
but starting with another most simple model...wasn't a good idea?(IMHO)

Marco

Having built several garrets the last two being accurate rebuilds Of The Skytrex kit using pairs of Dapol Fairburn chassis I have my doubts on performance.  My garrets pull +50 wagons as they should but I doubt a single motor version will pull many more than 20 and the result will just look silly.  We shall see.

njee20

They've done quite a few models, so I presume they've got their timelines comparatively well sorted, but yes, these things tend to be optimistic as we're all too aware!

I think it's great news, not something I'm remotely interested in, but I hope it's successful so it leads to other projects. More manufacturers can only be good!

middlefour

Nice, I could use one of them but £199 in full up front......I realise they need a positive commitment but at this stage I would have thought a non returnable deposit would have been offered?? Better start saving up!!
Steve

austinbob

You also have the option for an email notification when the locos are available. Of course you then take the risk you might not order in time.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MalcolmInN

Oh the temptation ! but I have not got 50+ wagons :(

I suppose they must have run light back to the shed from time-to-time :)
(while I acquire more wagons  ;D )

Snowwolflair

Quote from: MalcolmInN on November 19, 2018, 03:56:00 PM
Oh the temptation ! but I have not got 50+ wagons :(

I suppose they must have run light back to the shed from time-to-time :)
(while I acquire more wagons  ;D )

I got a very very good deal on PECO kit wagons (about £3 a wagon) and a month later I had a very nice coal train. :thumbsup:

Papyrus

They were magnificent beasts and I wish I could justify ordering one, but it would just look silly trundling along my rural single-track line with 10 wagons... However, fair play to Hatton's and I hope it proves a resounding success.

Cheers,

Chris

DCCDave

Hope the specification of NEM tension couplers is a copy and paste error from the OO gauge model, otherwise hooking up a load might be a challenge.

Not my thing, but an RTR Garret is a nice addition to the canon.

Cheers
Dave

Paddy

The crane would be fantastic in N gauge.

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Yet_Another

...But the ICI wagons would be fantastickerer!  ;)
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

njee20

And the RHTT, and a new 66 with sound socket and what not...

zwilnik

Aren't most N Gauge motors (modern ones at least) pretty overpowered. The main issue for traction simply being weight. If the model is mostly solid metal, they should be able to get fairly serious traction even with just one driven end.

OwL

Bachmann have proved many times that the shrink ray can used from OO gauge to N, so why not Hattons!?

Personally I'd love to see their awesome OO gauge Warwell wagons shrunk to 1:148. They really are some of the best rolling stock on the market (I own X6 in OO :-X)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations